cGPA&sGPA: 3.85 MCAT: PS9/VS6!!/BS12 (27M)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

retro

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I just wanted to hear some of your truthful opinion on where I'm standing right now. (No sugar talk, just reality please...)

I go to a pharmacy school in one of the state schools in California. I have less than 2 years to graduate, so my GPA includes my undergrad + more rigorous graduate level classes.

Regarding MCAT, I self-studied hardcore for 2 months every night after work and took the exam cold turkey style, but it was a fail. It's been 4 years since I moved to the states from one of the East Asian countries, so I ended up failing verbal despite my effort. Since I have rotation + part time job going on during summer breaks, my only chance to retake MCAT would be this winter.

Other than that, my ECs/volunteer experience/research are pretty competitive.

Assuming that I don't improve significantly in verbal, is it even worth it to apply to DO schools next summer?
Schools I would love to attend are NYCOM, Touro-NY, PCOM, LECOM, UMDNJ-SOM, NovaSE. (I'm a U.S. citizen and a NJ resident).

Thank you very much in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Sounds like your good for DO school. Of course, if you can retake and get a better grade, why not? Maybe it would help you land MD if you'd prefer that.

No sugar coat enough?

Newspapers, hardcore novels, writing in a journal . All are the way to get a good verbal score.