cgpa to 4.0 scale

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

raypril

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
what is 7.6 cpga in 4.0 scale?

Members don't see this ad.

1317010892935.gif

Members don't see this ad :)
(13.0/7.6) = (4.0/x)

cross multiply and you're adjusted GPA is 2.34? Damn, I'd keep telling people you have a 7.6 GPA instead

How is your GPA so high?

Last edited:
(13.0/7.6) = (4.0/x)

cross multiply and you're adjusted GPA is 2.34? Damn, I'd keep telling people you have a 7.6 GPA instead

Woooooooooooooow. Yeah that's not great.....there is always the Caribbean....

(13.0/7.6) = (4.0/x)

Yeah, according to the uwindsor site, a 7 is C+ and 8 is a B-, so his GPA is about halfway in between, which would be somewhere in the 2.5 ballpark. That's rough.

Members don't see this ad :)
- i thought everybody in canada automatically gets an "eh"
- 13.0? wtf are you talking aboot?
- your grade inflation is almost as bad as in the ivy league
- some other joke about how canada sucks

I lol'ed. But serious, it's not grade inflation, it's just their grading system.

OP, are all school in CA using this grading style? Or is it just your's.

EDIT**

Just noticed this...
Average Required to Remain in Good Standing

"Generally to remain "in good standing" the following is required (unless otherwise specified for your program www.uwindsor.ca/calendar)

General Programs- Cumulative GPA of 5, Major GPA of 5
Honours Programs- Cumulative GPA of 5, Major GPA of 8"

All you need is a C- to remain "in good standing", and a B- for honors which in this school is a 70-72.9? Wtf?

I withdraw my previous statement about grade inflation.

Last edited:
I did not want to pursue medicine originally, my heart was set on doing research. 1st year and part of 2nd year were rough for me due to my personal problems. My marks were absolutely garbage. I'm currently in third year now and I'm thinking I need to stay at school more to further increase my gpa, do another undergrad or something.

Here are the science courses that I have take in the past and the marks that I got (from 1st to 3rd year)

Organismal Bio - B+
Introduction to Cell Bio - B
Chem 1 - B
Organic 1 - A
Organic 2 - A+
Organic Lab - A
Biochem - B+
Genetics - B+
Zoology - A-
Botany - A-
Chem 2- A-
Molecular Bio - A-
Cellular Bio - A+

Is it wiser for me to retake the courses that I got B's from?

I did not want to pursue medicine originally, my heart was set on doing research. 1st year and part of 2nd year were rough for me due to my personal problems. My marks were absolutely garbage. I'm currently in third year now and I'm thinking I need to stay at school more to further increase my gpa, do another undergrad or something.

Here are the science courses that I have take in the past and the marks that I got (from 1st to 3rd year)

Organismal Bio - B+
Introduction to Cell Bio - B
Chem 1 - B
Organic 1 - A
Organic 2 - A+
Organic Lab - A
Biochem - B+
Genetics - B+
Zoology - A-
Botany - A-
Chem 2- A-
Molecular Bio - A-
Cellular Bio - A+

Is it wiser for me to retake the courses that I got B's from?

This is all of the classes you have taken, or just the science ones? Because that's not enough to fill up 3 years of coursework unless you were part time. And with your worst grade being a couple B's (no B-'s) I think you're ok. Not sure how you got a sub-8 average though unless you have C's in your non-science classes that you didn't list.

This is all of the classes you have taken, or just the science ones? Because that's not enough to fill up 3 years of coursework unless you were part time. And with your worst grade being a couple B's (no B-'s) I think you're ok. Not sure how you got a sub-8 average though unless you have C's in your non-science classes that you didn't list.

those are only the science courses. I've gotten even lower marks in my elective courses (I know Im stupid xD) For instance, I've got C+ in psych and calc 1. These courses wouldn't matter, would they?

those are only the science courses. I've gotten even lower marks in my elective courses (I know Im stupid xD) For instance, I've got C+ in psych and calc 1. These courses wouldn't matter, would they?
They bring your cGPA down, and any school that has calc as a pre-req will care, but as far as mattering enough to re-take, probably won't help much. You have a long way to go to get your GPA up to competitive range, but don't re-take anything in the B range, IMO.

Calc 1 is definitely included in your BCPM GPA... so I think that means it 'matters'.

But--I got a C+ in a BCPM class (organic chem 1 lecture) and it hasn't been an issue for me. Just try to finish strong! :)

(13.0/7.6) = (4.0/x)

I should probably note here that I am not the OP and I doubt he/she goes to the University of Windsor (and as far as I know, the 13.0 GPA scale is exclusive to UWindsor); that was just an example of an alternative grading scale.

Fortunately, we are unable to hear your insults through the insulating walls of our igloos.

I should probably note here that I am not the OP and I doubt he/she goes to the University of Windsor (and as far as I know, the 13.0 GPA scale is exclusive to UWindsor); that was just an example of an alternative grading scale.
Oh, while I knew you weren't the OP, I could've sworn the OP said in another post that he was on a 13 point scale, but apparently I (and probably everyone else in this thread) was mistaken. So we have no idea what scale OP is using, so we can't convert it to a 4.0 scale.

:rolleyes:

Fortunately, we are unable to hear your insults through the insulating walls of our igloos.

+3000:thumbup: