Chad's Biology Videos

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Seahawk

Nothing to do here
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just noticed Chad has uploaded some 2012 biology videos.

FYI

Members don't see this ad.

I was just about to post this same topic lol.. I wonder if they are worth it?

Members don't see this ad :)
He is in the process of uploading them I believe.. He just started putting them up a day or two ago.. he had Ch 1. for a day or 2 and now he has Ch. 2.. He must be in the middle of adding them all

He has 9 hours videos for just half of Bio finished. From which he has uploaded 2 hour. Rest is being uploaded upon as he edits each of them.

Just finished 2 videos in the beginning + a bit of "Lipid metabolism"...
Decided to stop watching it for few reasons.

1) These seem to be designed for MCAT.
2) He relies more on "concepts" to help you "understand" some aspects in biology. Unfortunately, I believe that it would be inefficient to study biology like that. It's awesome for gen chem and orgo, but not biology...
3) He has a lot of stuff on his outlines, that includes diagrams and such. Many of these will never show up on the DAT, and it's unnecessary to study them.

I think time would be better spent reading more Cliff's.

Just finished 2 videos in the beginning + a bit of "Lipid metabolism"...
Decided to stop watching it for few reasons.

1) These seem to be designed for MCAT.
2) He relies more on "concepts" to help you "understand" some aspects in biology. Unfortunately, I believe that it would be inefficient to study biology like that. It's awesome for gen chem and orgo, but not biology...
3) He has a lot of stuff on his outlines, that includes diagrams and such. Many of these will never show up on the DAT, and it's unnecessary to study them.

I think time would be better spent reading more Cliff's.

do you think cliff byITSELF is enough? I heard bio is SO broad so yeah...

do you think cliff byITSELF is enough? I heard bio is SO broad so yeah...

Not sure... since I haven't taken my DAT yet haha.
Cliff's is pretty detailed, so I'm guessing Cliff's + destroyer will suffice.
As for me, Cliff's got super boring, so I started reading KBB. I think it's good to have exposure to multiple sources, because something that didn't stick while reading Cliff's was sticking when I "reread" that same information in KBB. I do have Schaum's Bio on my desk that I haven't touched yet, but I'm planning to go back to it time to time if I think Cliff's not enough. After I started reading KBB, my Bio qvault score jumped from 18 to 22. I guess that's a good sign... or maybe it's just that qvault question writers base their questions off of KBB lol.
But hey, if you're a type of person who's really good at bio and super good at memorizing, and can memorize Cliff's cover to cover, I think you'll be good to go.

I just purchased his video yesterday... did I get newest version?? I only have 2hours of bio... is there anyone who can answer my question????

Not sure... since I haven't taken my DAT yet haha.
Cliff's is pretty detailed, so I'm guessing Cliff's + destroyer will suffice.
As for me, Cliff's got super boring, so I started reading KBB. I think it's good to have exposure to multiple sources, because something that didn't stick while reading Cliff's was sticking when I "reread" that same information in KBB. I do have Schaum's Bio on my desk that I haven't touched yet, but I'm planning to go back to it time to time if I think Cliff's not enough. After I started reading KBB, my Bio qvault score jumped from 18 to 22. I guess that's a good sign... or maybe it's just that qvault question writers base their questions off of KBB lol.
But hey, if you're a type of person who's really good at bio and super good at memorizing, and can memorize Cliff's cover to cover, I think you'll be good to go.

I am going to memorize Cliff's AP biology every single page.

I just purchased his video yesterday... did I get newest version?? I only have 2hours of bio... is there anyone who can answer my question????

I'm assuming you got the DAT package.
There's no "version" you get. Whatever gets updated will show up on your page.
If he uploads more bio videos, they will show up on your videos.
And yes, there are only 2 hours worth of videos right now, because Chad just started adding them.

I am going to memorize Cliff's AP biology every single page.

:laugh: Brain Blast!

I'm assuming you got the DAT package.
There's no "version" you get. Whatever gets updated will show up on your page.
If he uploads more bio videos, they will show up on your videos.
And yes, there are only 2 hours worth of videos right now, because Chad just started adding them.

:laugh: Brain Blast!

I only took bio 1 and 2 like 1.5 years ago but just finished taking intro biochem&mol bio as well as neuroscience this spring. I hope its enough.

sighhh.. I should have taken microbio and system physiology instead ....

i feel like i'd be wasting my time since i only have 2 weeks left until test day but i watched the three videos on glycolysis and kreb's, it helped me understand a lot but i feel like i'll never see some of it on the DATs...sigh, you guys are right, back to cliff's :scared: