Chad's Chemistry Video Durations (Time Studied)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Worried12345

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How long did it take all of you guys to finish going through Chad's videos + quizzes for General Chemistry? It's a total of 16hrs & 24minutes, but obviously no one really finishes it in a day (or 2 in that matter)...

What about the videos and quizzes for Organic Chemistry (Total 14hrs & 41mins)?

Just trying to see how long I should give myself to finish the subject. Is a week for each subject too long? Too short?

Members don't see this ad.

it's actually taking me some time to go through it. I'm basically re-learning it though, I don't remember any gen. chem and hardly any o. chem too. It could also be because I'm having trouble focusing since I have to study at home since the local county library has SUPER slow internet. Haven't gotten to the o. chem ones yet, I would imagine those may take even longer for me though.

It took me 4 weeks to finish Gen Chem and Orgo. (Followed the 6-week schedule)

For get the time in my opinion. just do one chapters of Ochem and Gchem (at least) and take good notes.
For some people, watching it once and take good notes is good enough for them
but since i didnt have a solid background, i took careful notes on first time watching
and use notes to follow along when i watch it second times
also add some additional information while watching 2nd times..
so i highly recommend to watch Chad's video more than once!

Members don't see this ad :)
I watched them once and took notes on the sheet he provides. I think it took me about a week to watch them, take notes, review notes and do the quizzes. I went through some of the sections that I knew well from before fast (Thermo). After I watched them once, I just used my notes to review and I would do the quizzes randomly to see if I remember everything. His videos are very clear, if you watch them once, and take good notes, you won't have to go back again

it's actually taking me some time to go through it. I'm basically re-learning it though, I don't remember any gen. chem and hardly any o. chem too. It could also be because I'm having trouble focusing since I have to study at home since the local county library has SUPER slow internet. Haven't gotten to the o. chem ones yet, I would imagine those may take even longer for me though.

^^^ I'm having the EXACT same problem with studying at home (my public library here is ridiculously slow on internet). Try going to a nearby university! That's what I'm starting to do!

Thanks for all of your help everyone! I'll make sure to take good notes and go back if I need any help. A tip for anyone who doesn't understand some of Chad's topics... if you go to Khan Academy, the guy on there does a decent job explaining and sometimes it helps to get a different perspective on the topic! Helped me!

When I went through Chad's videos it took me a week for each subject. I bought a notebook and took notes while watching his videos. I would then take each quiz after watching the videos.

After I went through all of the videos and quizzes, I jumped right into DAT Destroyer. This helped b/c I was able to answer a lot of the ques with the foundation I received from Chad

I would also try to study my notes daily, allowing me to keep the information fresh. I received 23's on both gen and org chem

awesome help! will do. Just got ochem and gchem videos & quizzes done. Now i'm averaging a 25/30 for each gchem and ochem Kaplan subject test (is this ok?). I'll be starting QR tomorrow per your advice. Hopefully I'll be done next Thursday!

awesome help! will do. Just got ochem and gchem videos & quizzes done. Now i'm averaging a 25/30 for each gchem and ochem Kaplan subject test (is this ok?). I'll be starting QR tomorrow per your advice. Hopefully I'll be done next Thursday!

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. I did gen chem review and ochem review with just Kaplan blue book, and got the same scores as you. Should I purchase chad's videos for gen chem anyone?

I don't think it would be a bad idea. It's only 30 bucks and if anything it'll just reinforce what you learned you know? It'll mostly be review if you already have a good grip on it, but it'll give you the material from a different angle.

An update for those who are curious, the Ochem and Gchem takes about 1 week, and the QR section only takes about 2 days. This is my own experience, studying about 4-6 hours a day. QR section is significantly shorter (in regards to watching Chad's Videos)

You can get them on chadsvideos.com If you sign up for a free course you should be able to download them.

I think the best way to do the Chad videos is to watch like 5 GC and 5 OC videos per day. If you do all of GC then all of OC you wind up forgetting some of the GC by the time you start doing lots of practice questions.