Chads video or organic chemistry odyssey??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Medora

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have my DAT in 2 months and I noticed I’m very weak in general chemistry and organic chemistry. Do you think Chads video or organic chemistry odyssey is better for me??

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I can't speak for Chad Videos, but I will let you know the the Organic Chemistry Odyssey is more of a teaching book, it is broken down into chapters so you can work on your areas of weakness, it is not a book that has to be completed in it's entirety, you use what you need and leave the rest. I have received emails and praises through the years from students who have used the Odyssey. When you say very weak, I am not sure exactly how weak you are? But whatever you do, do not take the DAT until you receitify any area of weakness. This is not a test you want to repeat.

Wishing you the best
#think30, Nancy

I have my DAT in 2 months and I noticed I’m very weak in general chemistry and organic chemistry. Do you think Chads video or organic chemistry odyssey is better for me??

For both OC and GC, I referred back to my college course notes a lot of the time when I was confused on a particular section of the material. I also still have my Tro (GC) and Klein (OC) books, so I used those from time to time. Besides that, the Destroyer should allow you to flesh out and polish your weaknesses once you have your foundations set. I imagine the OC Odyssey is very helpful--a friend of mine used it last year while going through orgo in class.

The Destroyer team also has a bunch of free videos online that were pretty helpful. I watched them for OC and GC (and bio) before going to sleep: Here's a link to the YouTube channel.

Regardless, make sure you have your foundations down before going into the DAT. Best of luck!

I took the DAT years ago but chad's was absolutely amazing for gen chem. I used mike's for ochem.

Members don't see this ad :)
I used Chads for both gen chem and orgo. It was fantastic for both. Highly recommend.

Ideally, would be using both. If you don't feel strong in basics then I recommend Chad's video to start and then Odyssey.