Challenge/Adversity Essay Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LloydAlexander

2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So what I was considering writing about for this essay was my father who passed away a few years ago, he was a drug addict and although he was never diagnosed because he refused to see a doctor, he showed very strong signs of schizophrenia. Took a huge toll on the family but we all came through it and learned a lot, and we are all very close, our relationships are stronger than ever. I wanted to know if this is something dangerous for me to write about? Would a school see this kind of thing and be scared off? Especially because schizophrenia and even inclination toward addiction can potentially be genetic, are they going to think I might lose my head too and reject me?

Please, any help would be so much appreciated. Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Challenge/Adversity Essay Question
So what I was considering writing about for this essay was my father who passed away a few years ago, he was a drug addict and although he was never diagnosed because he refused to see a doctor, he showed very strong signs of schizophrenia. Took a huge toll on the family but we all came through it and learned a lot, and we are all very close, our relationships are stronger than ever. I wanted to know if this is something dangerous for me to write about? Would a school see this kind of thing and be scared off? Especially because schizophrenia and even inclination toward addiction can potentially be genetic, are they going to think I might lose my head too and reject me?
Claiming a diagnosis that is assumed, but never made, is not a great idea. Stick to your observations, not your family's conclusions.