Challenge Essay Topic

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

asr23

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So the major challenge in my life, which has taught me a lot and is a driving factor in me wanting to go into medicine is one I touched on in my personal statement. Would it be okay to use the same topic for secondaries? The other major things I can think about are the financial implications of that challenge, having to move around a lot growing up, and then challenges within leadership roles in college. The first is the one I want to write about, but I'm not sure how they will judge it based on the personal statement.

Members don't see this ad.

So the major challenge in my life, which has taught me a lot and is a driving factor in me wanting to go into medicine is one I touched on in my personal statement. Would it be okay to use the same topic for secondaries? The other major things I can think about are the financial implications of that challenge, having to move around a lot growing up, and then challenges within leadership roles in college. The first is the one I want to write about, but I'm not sure how they will judge it based on the personal statement.
Can you elaborate? If its private, feel free to DM me. Its hard for us on SDN to suggest what to do if we don't know what "the first one is"