[[CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND]]...MEN! Currently: Spock VS Dr. Horrible!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sammich117

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Third annual med school admittance March Madness Bracket!
Let's get it started!

(visit the ladies here: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?p=9396861#post9396861 )

Originally Posted by Quix, 2008
So, as a break from the tedium of the application process, and in an effort to match the current fervor of college basketball, I thought it would be fun to have a quick tournament featuring prospective medical students, and who would be the most deserving of admission into medical school.

To that end, I will pick two candidates, square them off "Sweet Sixteen" style, and let you make their case for admission, listing strengths and weaknesses. Highest number of votes moves on to the next round. I'll give voting one day per match-up.

Hall of Champions
2008: Darth Vader
2009: Batman

Things to remember:
1) If I can't tell who you voted for, it doesn't count. (In the event of a tie, my vote breaks it)
2) I will tally the votes every night. The new face-off's wont be placed until after 5pm, so don't risk it and get your votes in before then!!! Check back daily for new match-ups!
3) Use everything you know! We've all seen that stats aren't everything.
4) MCAT scores are in the phys/verb/bio order

Alright, Here goes!
On your mark.....Get set, GO! :D:D:D

FIRST MATCH UP: East Bracket:

Sherlock Holmes
Jerry%20Faces%2011_10_2005_nonames.jpg

GPA: 3.7
MCAT: 36R (12/12/12)
Why do you want to be a doctor? So I can start saying "It's graduate, dear Watson."

VS

Dr. Horrible

dr-horrible-full.jpg

GPA: 3.9
MCAT: 35Q (12/12/11)
.Why do you want to be a doctor? Because an MD in horribleness sounds better than a PhD.

Make your case!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Dr. Horrible has a LizzyM of 74 vs Sherlock Holmes' 73. W/o extracurrix it has to be Dr. Horrible.

Members don't see this ad :)
sherlock

why are 2 seemingly high seeds facing each other in the first round?

Sherlock by default. Don't know who the other guy is. And why are the men represented by some apparently very intelligent individuals, while the candidates in the women's thread are headed for the Caribbean?

Members don't see this ad :)
Sherlock Holmes. I don't even know who that other guy is. I thought it was Neil Patrick Harris at first.

Here's some homework for you! http://www.drhorrible.com/mushortio.html Edit: Link no longer works.. Dr. Horrible isn't free anymore :(

It's free to watch. And it will convince you that Dr. Horrible deserves to get into med school (count that as a vote for Dr. H-man).

Sherlock.

and the girls pair seems awfully sub par to these two. :wtf:

If you guys don't know who Dr. H is before voting, definitely go watch it.

And as far as the ladies - it's only round one! There will be others, have no fear :)

Sherlock because he's mysterious and rockin the trench coat.

Edit: Ok Sammich, I watched all three acts and I'll change my vote to Dr. Horrible because he has this awkwardness about him that will bring in the ladies (= more patients = more $$$). He also got Penny frozen yogurt, and damnit, I want someone to get me frozen yogurt.

Last edited:
Sherlock will become the next amazing diagnostic MD.

Using his incredible - though sometimes unorthodox - deductive reasoning, he will become the House of fictional character doctors. Except his addiction is smoking, not painkillers - that's an automatic leg up. Speaking of leg up, he doesn't have a cane.

He also has the help of one the top PA prospects in the country, Watson.

Dr. Horrible for sure.

As much as I love Dr. Horrible, he didn't do so hot on all the ethics questions I threw at him.

I vote for Sherlock

Sherlock by default. Don't know who the other guy is. And why are the men represented by some apparently very intelligent individuals, while the candidates in the women's thread are headed for the Caribbean?

lol

Sherlock for sure. Dude smokes a pipe and come on--just look at that hat.

excellent point.

i vote for sherlock as well.

Dr. Horrible for sure! He might not have the deductive reasoning skills of Sherlock, but he is involved in music and is an inventor (his freeze-ray may come in handy for removing warts and such)... and he certainly has more personality than Sherlock. Sherlock is a know-it-all. That would get annoying when he continues patronizing people.

Vote goes to Dr.Horrible, I can't believe I hadn't heard of him till now.

Dr. Horrible.

He's a caring, compassionate individual who does his own choreography. Sherlock's just another drunken rambler who accidentally falls into opportune places.

Don't let accident continue to favor the disproportionately lucky.

sherlock holmes. :smuggrin:

sammich you only like dr horrible because he is played by NPH

Dr. Horrible.

Bad Horse would probably write him a killer letter.

Dr. Horrible is service-minded! Here's him volunteering at a soup kitchen for the homeless:

DrHorrible_NPH_02.jpg