Chance at competitive schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

whereismymind

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
GPA: 3.67
BCMP: 3.55
Attend top 25 schools
URM
Main ECs: Research in freshman year, tutoring organic chemistry 2 hours a week, vice-president of the club for two years, taught a weekly class for the spring semester, volunteering at Emergency Department three hours a week, playing with children with audism once a week for a year, shadowing doctors (ER, radiology, orthopaedic)
September MCAT: 34 (11 P/10 V/13 B)

Do I have a chance in getting in top medical schools (John Hopkins, Duke, etc.) despite my GPA?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
GPA: 3.67
BCMP: 3.55
Attend top 25 schools
URM
Main ECs: Research in freshman year, tutoring organic chemistry 2 hours a week, vice-president of the club for two years, taught a weekly class for the spring semester, volunteering at Emergency Department three hours a week, playing with children with audism once a week for a year, shadowing doctors (ER, radiology, orthopaedic)
September MCAT: 34 (11 P/10 V/13 B)

Do I have a chance in getting in top medical schools (John Hopkins, Duke, etc.) despite my GPA?

I've seen people with your stats get into JH, but don't shoot yourself in the foot by not applying to less prestigous schools as well!

Don't worry. I'll apply to less prestigious schools. I just don't want to waste my money, time, and efforts on the schools where I have no chance of getting accepted. That's why I'm asking whether I have a chance of getting top medical schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
Any more thoughts?

Decent stats/ECs, URM status....you have a fair chance so if you got the cash spend it! You don't want to live with the regret of not trying, do you?

uh...ur GPA is not something you need to worry about (seriously a 3.7 is a good solid GPA!!! :thumbup:)

IMO you have numbers that are good enough for URM to get into a top school