Apr 27, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
I have 3.6 cGPA, 3.55 sGPA, 25 AA/25TS/22PAT. I have around 100 hours of volunteering, 120 hours of shadowing, 150 hours of research but no publications, and am leader of 2 clubs at school. LOR are pretty good also.
Major: Math
Manual dexterity: play an instrument and like to go fishing (if that counts since I'm tying fishing knots)

I am applying to my state school as well as these as an OOS applicant:
How are my chances? Also if you have school recommendations, I'm open to them!

UCLA
UCSF
UPenn
UMich
Columbia
Louisville
UNLV
New England
Creighton
Boston
Roseman
Touro

AppalachianDentalBoy

2+ Year Member
Nov 5, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
You’re going to get in somewhere so unless you really want to go to the $$$ private schools on your list I’d take them off and save yourself some money.

It’s only $200 and two extra essays to apply to the three Texas schools. Your GPA is low but you have a good DAT so I’d risk applying.

golfdmd

2+ Year Member
Jan 16, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
I'd take off Touro, Roseman, and UNE and add more state schools.

About the Ads
Apr 27, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
You’re going to get in somewhere so unless you really want to go to the $$$ private schools on your list I’d take them off and save yourself some money.

I'd take off Touro, Roseman, and UNE and add more state schools.

What are some cheaper state schools I should apply to that are out of state friendly, considering my stats? I'm just a bit worried since my GPA is not very high compared to my DAT.

golfdmd

2+ Year Member
Jan 16, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
What are some cheaper state schools I should apply to that are out of state friendly, considering my stats? I'm just a bit worried since my GPA is not very high compared to my DAT.
Pittsburgh, Maryland, VCU, Temple accept a good amount of OOS

About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.