Chance at these schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

@armydentalstudent

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have 3.6 cGPA, 3.55 sGPA, 25 AA/25TS/22PAT. I have around 100 hours of volunteering, 120 hours of shadowing, 150 hours of research but no publications, and am leader of 2 clubs at school. LOR are pretty good also.
Major: Math
Manual dexterity: play an instrument and like to go fishing (if that counts since I'm tying fishing knots)

I am applying to my state school as well as these as an OOS applicant:
How are my chances? Also if you have school recommendations, I'm open to them!

UCLA
UCSF
UPenn
UMich
Columbia
Louisville
UNLV
New England
Creighton
Boston
Roseman
Touro

Members don't see this ad.

You’re going to get in somewhere so unless you really want to go to the $$$ private schools on your list I’d take them off and save yourself some money.

It’s only $200 and two extra essays to apply to the three Texas schools. Your GPA is low but you have a good DAT so I’d risk applying.

I'd take off Touro, Roseman, and UNE and add more state schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
You’re going to get in somewhere so unless you really want to go to the $$$ private schools on your list I’d take them off and save yourself some money.

I'd take off Touro, Roseman, and UNE and add more state schools.

What are some cheaper state schools I should apply to that are out of state friendly, considering my stats? I'm just a bit worried since my GPA is not very high compared to my DAT.

What are some cheaper state schools I should apply to that are out of state friendly, considering my stats? I'm just a bit worried since my GPA is not very high compared to my DAT.
Pittsburgh, Maryland, VCU, Temple accept a good amount of OOS

Stony brook isn’t extremely OOS friendly but you have a great chance with your dat.