Chance In these (few) Schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
S

Spliced

DAT:
AA:21
TS:21
Bio:21
GC:21
OC:22
RC:19
QR:24
PAT:20

Ogpa: 3.78
sGPA:3.78
BCP GPA: 3.87
CANADIAN
3 Science professor letters (strong)
1 English prof letter (strong)
Dentist Letter can be sent (strong)

Strong and unique ECs (sports, entrepreneurship, 100+ shadowing hours, 400+ volunteering hours in various settings, tutoring, manger experience, strong PS). I don't have any research experience.

I applied broadly, but i was hoping someone could shed some light on what my chances are for my reach schools:
-Columbia, Harvard, UoPenn, UCLA, UCSF.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're going to want that letter of rec from the dentist to be sent

You're going to want that letter of rec from the dentist to be sent
Yea i will have to get the dentist to send the letter individually to each school since my LOR is full on AADSAS portal.

Members don't see this ad :)
It's impossible to tell. those are all very competitive schools and applicants with great stats get rejected each year (especially UCSF).
yea so i have seen, wondering what makes a student exceptional in their eyes

I applied broadly, but i was hoping someone could shed some light on what my chances are for my reach schools:
-Columbia, Harvard, UoPenn, UCLA, UCSF.

Getting in to these reach schools specifically will be tough. Your GPA is above the average of all the schools except Harvard, but each of these schools has a DAT average higher than your own (AA and TS) which would normally put you at some disadvantage but applying as an international applicant makes it even more competitive.

Last edited:
Getting in to these reach schools specifically will be tough. Your GPA is above the average of all the schools except Harvard, but each of these schools has a DAT average higher than your own (AA and TS) which would normally but you at some disadvantage but applying as an international applicant makes it even more competitive.
Yea, I was just hoping my chances aren't 0. i would think i stand a decent shot at UoPenn, then columbia, the other 3 i'm not sure.

Yea, I was just hoping my chances aren't 0. i would think i stand a decent shot at UoPenn, then columbia, the other 3 i'm not sure.

Your chances definitely aren't 0. If you end up getting an interview, let me know and I can give you some advice.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Your chances definitely aren't 0. If you end up getting an interview at Columbia, let me know and I can give you some advice.
That is great to hear. Thank you very much, I will most definitely take that opportunity if I do!

You’ll definitely get in somewhere but it’s a toss up since you are international. I’d apply to the Canadian schools in addition to the American ones.
Yes. I applied to 19 schools total. i already landed a couple interviews. I don't want to study in Canada. My plan is to remain in the US afterwards.

Yes. I applied to 19 schools total. i already landed a couple interviews. I don't want to study in Canada. My plan is to remain in the US afterwards.
We've already talked about this in the past, but just make sure to read up on the tuition and repayment options for each school before you throw out the notion of studying in Canada. Other than that, I am sure you will be fine this cycle

We've already talked about this in the past, but just make sure to read up on the tuition and repayment options for each school before you throw out the notion of studying in Canada. Other than that, I am sure you will be fine this cycle
Yea, i have already made a plan outline. Thank you again