Chance Me 3.61cGPA; 3.28sGPA No MCAT yet

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted600623

I've been wondering whether or not to even apply to allopathic schools because of my science GPA. Unfortunately, I've been 1 or 2 percentage points away from getting A's in 90 percent of my science classes and thus have received Bs. I will be taking Biochemistry, physiology, statistics, and microbiology in the next couple semesters but I'm not sure if it would make much of a difference. Also, if I were able to score well on the MCAT would that counteract my lower sGPA? My ECs are as follows:
-2 summers working in prominent Pulmonary practice in Georgia
-Ecuador Medical Missions Trip- served as Lab tech and scribe for providers
-Helped start a free clinic in my community where insurance coverage is extremely low as well as serve in the clinic as MA
-Serve on my church's saturday crew which helps serve the community in many ways
-Exercise Physiology lab research- study the effects of HIIT training in relation to reducing CVDd
-Potential lab research assistant in Organic Chemistry lab
-Potential summer lab research program
-President/Vice President of club
Let me know what else I could add to my resume.

Any help is appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Whether or not you will apply to allopathic schools depends on your MCAT score and your grades in your remaining classes. Come back when you have them.

Reactions: 1 user
That GPA is OK for allopathic schools- not ideal by any means, but certainly not a disqualifier. The MCAT will be the deciding factor. At 33+, you'll attract interest: at 29-32, you'll be a contender. If it's below 29, DO is your best shot but still apply to 5 or so lower-tier MDs.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks! Anything that y'all feel I could add as far as ECs?