Chance me? Didn't get a high DAT score today.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mattrex35

2+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Try man. I was in the same boat as you earlier this year, but to my surprise, I've had 4 interviews. You just really never know, honestly. If they bite this year, then great! If not, always next cycle. But definitely give it a shot!

Reactions: 1 users
I think your statistics are good for a large selection of schools. Many have average DAT scores of 19. And your science is higher which is more important.

Members don't see this ad :)
Definitely apply! I know multiple people including myself with similar stats and have received interviews. Apply strategically and you should be fine.

Keep in mind that it is extremely late in the cycle, so I would stick with your original plan C and apply early next cycle, right in June. Also, I would try to wean off of getting "hospital" hours as you are not a pre-med. Instead, try to find some dental volunteering, such as assisting in free dental clinics or something similar.

Hey! Have 19 AA, 19 TS, and 20 PAT with a 3.81 cGPA and sGPA and have thus far received four interviews (MWU-AZ, Temple, UMD, and LECOM) with residency in NJ. We seem to be in pretty similar positions, but you have had many more experiences for me, so you are probably a better applicant. I would refine the PS and apply away. Was bummed when I scored my 19, but all things considered I am pretty happy at the moment. Stay confident and you should be fine!
UMD? Do you mean UDM?

delete

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
No, I meant UMD (University of Maryland). Got a Penn interview invite yesterday too!! I think when people say adcoms look at more than scores, they mean it. Feel extremely grateful to be holding this interviews though because I know most people with 19s do not get to see all of these schools.

Congratulation! What made your application stand out?

Honestly I have no idea. Perhaps with Temple and Penn it is being active in the city of Philadelphia, or the fact they are familiar with my undergrad school? Or, maybe it is my GPA. Wish I knew!