MD & DO Chance me please- Applying for the very last time!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

summergirl

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Your stats are competitive for all DO schools so if these are schools that accept applications from Canadians then you should receive several interviews. If there are other DO schools that accept applications from Canadians apply to those also. There are several new schools opening for 2017 including ARCOM, UIW (Texas), RVU-Utah and NYIT-Arkansas. Check to see if those new schools accept applications from Canadians. Your new MCAT is essentially the same score as your previous one so that should help you at MD schools also.

I've been told that the following take internationals:

AZCOM
Ccom
Kcumb
Lmu
Marian
Msucom
Pcom ga
Nova
Rowan
Touro
Unecom
Tcom
Western

I can't recommend applying to the MD schools that took only a couple or less. When numbers are this small, they are often taking internal candidates only.

Members don't see this ad :)
Your stats are competitive for all DO schools so if these are schools that accept applications from Canadians then you should receive several interviews. If there are other DO schools that accept applications from Canadians apply to those also. There are several new schools opening for 2017 including ARCOM, UIW (Texas), RVU-Utah and NYIT-Arkansas. Check to see if those new schools accept applications from Canadians. Your new MCAT is essentially the same score as your previous one so that should help you at MD schools also.

I've been told that the following take internationals:

AZCOM
Ccom
Kcumb
Lmu
Marian
Msucom
Pcom ga
Nova
Rowan
Touro
Unecom
Tcom
Western

I can't recommend applying to the MD schools that took only a couple or less. When numbers are this small, they are often taking internal candidates only.

Thanks for the replies. The DO list I've compiled in the OP already took consideration of their policy on accepting international students. I intend to apply to ~10 DO schools (which are the ones I've listed) but I'm just not sure if these are the right DO schools to apply to, since they are all relatively high-tier as compared to other DO schools. I don't think I would like to apply to more than 10 DO schools because I'm already applying to 30 MD schools and adding more than 10 DO schools on top of that would just take too much time (to write the secondaries). If I were to apply to the DO schools I've listed, what are my chances of getting in?

Thanks for the replies. The DO list I've compiled in the OP already took consideration of their policy on accepting international students. I intend to apply to ~10 DO schools (which are the ones I've listed) but I'm just not sure if these are the right DO schools to apply to, since they are all relatively high-tier as compared to other DO schools. I don't think I would like to apply to more than 10 DO schools because I'm already applying to 30 MD schools and adding more than 10 DO schools on top of that would just take too much time (to write the secondaries). If I were to apply to the DO schools I've listed, what are my chances of getting in?
Your chances should be good since your MCAT score is far above the median for all of those schools. The highest median MCAT would be no higher than 512 for any of those schools and for some it is as low as 505.