Chance me PLEASE! Thanks in Advance :)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SmileyPreDent

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Date of submission: June 10th 2019
Overall GPA: 3.6
Science GPA: 3.3/3.4
Bio-Chem-Physics GPA: 3.3
DAT score (include AA and all sections): 20AA ; 22RC ;19QR ; 20TotalScience;
State of Residence: CA

Undergrad Attended: UCSD
Major: General Bio
Minor: Accounting
Minority? No
Reapplicant? No
Nontrad? No

Shadowing Experience: 400 hours; 2 different dentist + orthodontist
Volunteering Experience: 100 hours at 2 community dental clinics; 4 Dental School Screenings; 1 Mexico Mission Trip; School OHI
Employment: Private Tutor to Students with ADHD; 7+ students at once during current gap year
Research: None :l
Other Extracurriculars: Vice President of Religious Organizations; Several Leadership in Clubs; Lots of Clubs
Relevant Honors or Awards: None
LOR type and strength: Average

School list:
USC
UCLA
UCSF
Western
Loma Linda
UOP
NYU
Tuoro
Columbia
Stony Brook
Buffalo
ASDOH
Midwestern
UNLV
LECOM
Rutgers

Members don't see this ad.

You're good fam. Wouldn't apply to half of those schools due to cost though. I think applying to columbia is a waste of money for you.

Reactions: 1 user
Agreed - Get rid of Columbia, NYU, and USC

Members don't see this ad :)
Stats are on the lower side for the UCs, and the average LORs may hurt you, so honestly, contrary to above, I'd probably keep NYU, USC and MWU (AZ?). Also, Stony requires all your pre-reqs be done at the time of application, and Rutgers doesn't accept AP credit.

Stats are on the lower side for the UCs, and the average LORs may hurt you, so honestly, contrary to above, I'd probably keep NYU, USC and MWU (AZ?). Also, Stony requires all your pre-reqs be done at the time of application, and Rutgers doesn't accept AP credit.

Actually I agree with artist2022. I didn't notice your sciences gpas

Thanks so so much! Do you think I have a chance for any school on the list?

Like Western in CA or USC are top for me

Thanks so so much! Do you think I have a chance for any school on the list?

Like Western in CA or USC are top for me
You do have a chance at every school, but no one for sure can say how strong that chance is. Just make sure your PS and your supplemental essays are strong and help you stand out.