• Advice You're Thankful for Contest

Now that it's getting close to Thanksgiving, we're running a contest to hear advice you've received that you're most thankful for! This can be any type of advice and the advice with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

Chance Me Please!! :)

ScorpioKing

Jul 1, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
  1. Pre-Medical
    Applied to ONLY D.O SCHOOLS!
    I have just finished sending out all my secondaries to all the D.O schools.
    I have a 3.31 sgpa and 3.54 cgpa from UC San Diego (very tough program)
    I also got a 27 on the MCAT (7/10/10).
    I have pretty average EC's, shadowed two D.O's, personal trainer, tutor, nothing crazy.

Last edited:

SpartanWolverine

I like dark rooms.
    7+ Year Member
    Jun 29, 2012
    1. Resident [Any Field]
      From what you give: it sounds like you have average stats, average ECs, and... average chances for many schools.

How many programs did you apply to? Any interview invites yet? Why DO?

You don't seem too excited about your resume and didn't elaborate much, so it's hard to say. Just going off of a 3.5/3.3/27... plus "ticking the boxes"... I would say your chances are fine assuming you applied broadly.

About the Ads

ScorpioKing

Jul 1, 2013
      Los Angeles, CA
      1. Pre-Medical
        From what you give: it sounds like you have average stats, average ECs, and... average chances for many schools.

How many programs did you apply to? Any interview invites yet? Why DO?

You don't seem too excited about your resume and didn't elaborate much, so it's hard to say. Just going off of a 3.5/3.3/27... plus "ticking the boxes"... I would say your chances are fine assuming you applied broadly.
        I applied to DO because I want to specialize in sports medicine, which utilizes the holistic philosophy, but more importantly, the osteopathic manipulative treatment. D.O is not a fallback for e like it is for many students that don't have the stats for M.D schools. It is genuinely my best option for pursuing sports medicine.

Reactions: 1 user

Goro

Lifetime Donor
        10+ Year Member
        Verified Expert
        Jun 11, 2010
        Somewhere west of St. Louis
        1. Non-Student
          Chances are fine at any DO schools except AZCOM, and even then, just give them time. I can't recommend LUCOM.

Applied to ONLY D.O SCHOOLS!
          I have just finished sending out all my secondaries to all the D.O schools.
          I have a 3.31 sgpa and 3.54 cgpa from UC San Diego (very tough program)
          I also got a 27 on the MCAT (7/10/10).
          I have pretty average EC's, shadowed two D.O's, personal trainer, tutor, nothing crazy.

ScorpioKing

Jul 1, 2013
          Los Angeles, CA
          1. Pre-Medical
            Chances are good for DO, though I'm concerned and curious about why you've only now finished secondaries.
            I know it's late. My father has been very ill, so I was debating whether to apply this cycle, or wait until the next while I help around the house. I didn't get my primary out until August 26. So I'm just doing the best I can with what I have.

AMindOfADinga

May 10, 2015
            1. Pre-Medical
              I applied to DO because I want to specialize in sports medicine, which utilizes the holistic philosophy, but more importantly, the osteopathic manipulative treatment. D.O is not a fallback for e like it is for many students that don't have the stats for M.D schools. It is genuinely my best option for pursuing sports medicine.
              your my new favorite person! Sports medicine needs more D.O.'s I am not kidding. with the Philosophy that comes with a D.O and the patient care being a D.O. is the right place to specialize in sports medicine. Also to the OMT statement. I agree! Good luck! I hope to see you around the sports medicine world soon!

About the Ads
              This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
              2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
              3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
              4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
              5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
              6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
              7. This thread is locked.