Chance me please?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TrillyBassily

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
cGPA: 3.54, sGPA: 3.51, MCAT 32 (11/10/11) only attempted MCAT once

I have a lot of courses that I retook but these are my verified stats from AACOMAS

I have three good LORs that I've submitted, two from professors and one from an MD physician.

My ECs are as follows:

1. Summer internship with an oncologist reading patient charts to compile data on prognostic markers of testicaular cancer - 640 hrs

2. Summer internship working alongside two nephrologists on a study in childhood obesity and hypertension - 420 hrs

3. Hospice volunteer - 100 hrs but currently on going so I'm regularly adding more time.

4. President on fundraising for a club at school dedicated to raising awareness and funds for research into rare genetic diseases and genome sequencing for patients - 180 hrs

5. I have other ECs but those are my big ones, everything else is of less importance tbh.

No publications to my name

BSc. in Molecular biology with a minor in psychology

California Resident - White Male (technically Egyptian but somehow that's considered white)

I've applied to 17 DO schools:

1. AT Still - Arizona
2. Campbell University
3. Chicago COM
4. Des Moines COM
5. Kansas City COM
6. Lake Erie
7. Lake Erie Bradenton
8. Marian COM
9. NYIT COM
10. Nova Southeastern COM
11. Pacific Northwest University
12. Philadelphia COM
13. Rocky Vista University COM
14 Rowan SOM
15. Touro COM - California
16. Western Univeristy of Health Sciences (my number 1 school)
17. Touro COM - New York

My personal statement is good, I'd say, though I don't really know how it stacks up against others' I put a lot of thought into it. Let's just assume it's slightly above average.

I've also submitted my application already and I've been verified, so I have the benefit of applying early.

What are my chances of an acceptance?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
You'll be fine. Your GPAs are solid, and that MCAT is above the average at every school. I see that you posted in the underdog thread hahaha you are most certainly not an underdog.

You'll be fine. Your GPAs are solid, and that MCAT is above the average at every school. I see that you posted in the underdog thread hahaha you are most certainly not an underdog.
Oh, I just thought that was a name, I didn't realize it was for underdog candidates. I guess that is a little bit obvious.

Reactions: 1 user
No MD schools? You might get looks at some lower tiers

Haha, I only look like a strong candidate because of the magic of grade forgiveness, if I tried to apply to an MD school my GPA would take a significant nosedive since all classes are considered equal. I had a rough first couple years of college from an academic standpoint to say the least

No MD schools? You might get looks at some lower tiers

Haha, I only look like a strong candidate because of the magic of grade forgiveness, if I tried to apply to an MD school my GPA would take a significant nosedive since all classes are considered equal. I had a rough first couple years of college from an academic standpoint to say the least

Chances outstanding.

Consider adding Western-OR, TUNCOM, and VCOM. Rowan may have an IS bias.

BSc. in Molecular biology with a minor in psychology

California Resident - White Male (technically Egyptian but somehow that's considered white)

I've applied to 17 DO schools:

1. AT Still - Arizona
2. Campbell University
3. Chicago COM
4. Des Moines COM
5. Kansas City COM
6. Lake Erie
7. Lake Erie Bradenton
8. Marian COM
9. NYIT COM
10. Nova Southeastern COM
11. Pacific Northwest University
12. Philadelphia COM
13. Rocky Vista University COM
14 Rowan SOM
15. Touro COM - California
16. Western Univeristy of Health Sciences (my number 1 school)
17. Touro COM - New York

My personal statement is good, I'd say, though I don't really know how it stacks up against others' I put a lot of thought into it. Let's just assume it's slightly above average.

I've also submitted my application already and I've been verified, so I have the benefit of applying early.

What are my chances of an acceptance?

Chances outstanding.

Consider adding Western-OR, TUNCOM, and VCOM. Rowan may have an IS bias.

Thanks, that really means a lot because two years ago I remember you tore me up in a thread like this about my chances.

Feels good to see that all the effort in retaking classes and fixing my app is starting to pay off.

Appreciate the input, man

Reinvention is the key!

Thanks, that really means a lot because two years ago I remember you tore me up in a thread like this about my chances.

Feels good to see that all the effort in retaking classes and fixing my app is starting to pay off.

Appreciate the input, man