Chance me please

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hassm1990

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Before I start giving my credentials, I would like to apologize for my previous "What are my chances post" during my junior year...just being a regular over paranoid pre-med and again im sorry but here are my real stats. I graduated this year from a state college with a cGPA of 3.70 and sGPA of 3.8+. I am applying this upcoming June. I am following MCAT plan by SN2ed and I will be taking the MCAT this april.

ECs: Volunteer Firefighter since beginning of 2009, EMT(Also volunteer) for a year ( well over 1500 hours of patient contact), cant say I've seen it all but I did experience alot that it just made me more sure that I want to go to medical school. (LOR backed up from all three chiefs of my department to prove I actually show up)

50-60 Hours in the hospital, currently taking EMT-Critical care course to do something during the gap, we are required to do time in the OR,CCU,ICU,ER,etc. including medical examiner observation so I will have about 250-300 hours by application time.

Shadowed emergency medicine and internal medicine physicians (I think there interesting but I really don't feel like I need to do it anymore because I do know medicine is not as glorious as its portrayed on TV(not like I have time anymore for it) but I still cant see myself doing anything else.

Appreciate any comments.

P.S. sorry for my BS Posts about 1 1/2 ago again..lol

Members don't see this ad.

Did research for a semester...was not really that productive since the Research coordinator was all over the place. As for leadership, being a volunteer firefighter with 4 years I have seniority on some calls and I would find myself in charge from time to time, also EMTs are considered to be in charge if they are taking care of the patients. I was going to run for rescue lieutenant this year but I dont want to let that get in my way because I want to focus more on the MCAT.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am following MCAT plan by SN2ed

Out of curiousity, what is that? Is there a link to it? If so, can you please provide it? I have some younger friends who will taking the MCAT in the next couple of years.

As long as your MCAT goes ok, I think you'll be a strong applicant.

With an MCAT >30, your chances will be excellent!

Before I start giving my credentials, I would like to apologize for my previous "What are my chances post" during my junior year...just being a regular over paranoid pre-med and again im sorry but here are my real stats. I graduated this year from a state college with a cGPA of 3.70 and sGPA of 3.8+. I am applying this upcoming June. I am following MCAT plan by SN2ed and I will be taking the MCAT this april.

ECs: Volunteer Firefighter since beginning of 2009, EMT(Also volunteer) for a year ( well over 1500 hours of patient contact), cant say I've seen it all but I did experience alot that it just made me more sure that I want to go to medical school. (LOR backed up from all three chiefs of my department to prove I actually show up)

50-60 Hours in the hospital, currently taking EMT-Critical care course to do something during the gap, we are required to do time in the OR,CCU,ICU,ER,etc. including medical examiner observation so I will have about 250-300 hours by application time.

Shadowed emergency medicine and internal medicine physicians (I think there interesting but I really don't feel like I need to do it anymore because I do know medicine is not as glorious as its portrayed on TV(not like I have time anymore for it) but I still cant see myself doing anything else.

Appreciate any comments.

P.S. sorry for my BS Posts about 1 1/2 ago again..lol