Chance me please

Hassm1990

5+ Year Member
Nov 8, 2011
NY
  1. Pre-Medical
    Before I start giving my credentials, I would like to apologize for my previous "What are my chances post" during my junior year...just being a regular over paranoid pre-med and again im sorry but here are my real stats. I graduated this year from a state college with a cGPA of 3.70 and sGPA of 3.8+. I am applying this upcoming June. I am following MCAT plan by SN2ed and I will be taking the MCAT this april.

ECs: Volunteer Firefighter since beginning of 2009, EMT(Also volunteer) for a year ( well over 1500 hours of patient contact), cant say I've seen it all but I did experience alot that it just made me more sure that I want to go to medical school. (LOR backed up from all three chiefs of my department to prove I actually show up)

50-60 Hours in the hospital, currently taking EMT-Critical care course to do something during the gap, we are required to do time in the OR,CCU,ICU,ER,etc. including medical examiner observation so I will have about 250-300 hours by application time.

Shadowed emergency medicine and internal medicine physicians (I think there interesting but I really don't feel like I need to do it anymore because I do know medicine is not as glorious as its portrayed on TV(not like I have time anymore for it) but I still cant see myself doing anything else.

Appreciate any comments.

P.S. sorry for my BS Posts about 1 1/2 ago again..lol

Hassm1990

5+ Year Member
    Nov 8, 2011
    NY
    1. Pre-Medical
      Did research for a semester...was not really that productive since the Research coordinator was all over the place. As for leadership, being a volunteer firefighter with 4 years I have seniority on some calls and I would find myself in charge from time to time, also EMTs are considered to be in charge if they are taking care of the patients. I was going to run for rescue lieutenant this year but I dont want to let that get in my way because I want to focus more on the MCAT.

About the Ads

SOMBound13

Jan 9, 2013
      1. Medical Student
        I am following MCAT plan by SN2ed

Out of curiousity, what is that? Is there a link to it? If so, can you please provide it? I have some younger friends who will taking the MCAT in the next couple of years.

As long as your MCAT goes ok, I think you'll be a strong applicant.

Goro

10+ Year Member
        Verified Expert
        Silver Member
        Gold Member
        Jun 11, 2010
        Somewhere west of St. Louis
        1. Non-Student
          With an MCAT >30, your chances will be excellent!

Before I start giving my credentials, I would like to apologize for my previous "What are my chances post" during my junior year...just being a regular over paranoid pre-med and again im sorry but here are my real stats. I graduated this year from a state college with a cGPA of 3.70 and sGPA of 3.8+. I am applying this upcoming June. I am following MCAT plan by SN2ed and I will be taking the MCAT this april.

ECs: Volunteer Firefighter since beginning of 2009, EMT(Also volunteer) for a year ( well over 1500 hours of patient contact), cant say I've seen it all but I did experience alot that it just made me more sure that I want to go to medical school. (LOR backed up from all three chiefs of my department to prove I actually show up)

50-60 Hours in the hospital, currently taking EMT-Critical care course to do something during the gap, we are required to do time in the OR,CCU,ICU,ER,etc. including medical examiner observation so I will have about 250-300 hours by application time.

Shadowed emergency medicine and internal medicine physicians (I think there interesting but I really don't feel like I need to do it anymore because I do know medicine is not as glorious as its portrayed on TV(not like I have time anymore for it) but I still cant see myself doing anything else.

Appreciate any comments.

P.S. sorry for my BS Posts about 1 1/2 ago again..lol

About the Ads
          This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
          2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
          5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
          6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          7. This thread is locked.