Chance me!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chelseamapp

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
1. cGPA: 3.57
2. sGPA:3.4
3. MCAT score: currently reg. for the April 23rd test date shooting for 510+
4. State of residence: Fl
5. Ethnicity and/or race- Black female
6. Undergraduate institution or category- Large, public

7. Clinical experience (volunteer and non-volunteer)- Hospice House- 200+ hours over course of 4 years, Hospital 300+ hours over course of 3 years, Genetic Counseling clinic and Breast cancer research- 50 hours

8. Research experience and productivity- Working on honors thesis that will be published with lab work for 1 year. 2 other undergraduate research experiences both for 1 year each.

9. Shadowing experience and specialties represented- 60 hours with neurology and 20 hours with neurosurgery

10. Non-clinical volunteering- Volunteer Anatomy lab T.A- 100 hours, mentoring at local elementary school

11.Other extracurricular activities- Anatomy lab T.A ( have my own lab with 50+ students), Historian of Phi Theta Kappa, Pre-med Amsa active member,apart of the honors college, president and founder of a club on campus, I also tutor on the side

I am currently studying for the April MCAT exam date and applying for the 2017 cycle. Do I have a shot at applying to M.D schools? I'm also graduating in May and still looking for something meaningful to do during my gap year. Any suggestions and advice is greatly appreciated. :)

Members don't see this ad.

A Fellow Pre-med's Opinion: I say that you are good to go but the MCAT score will make or break you as far how you score. I think right now you should focus on getting the best score that you possibly can on the MCAT and you have a pretty decent shot at getting in. When you apply remember to apply broadly. 1 or 2 reaches, a couple of mid tiers, all your in-states, and a few safeties. Just apply broadly for the most part. Good luck!

Some shadowing with a PCP would be helpful.

Members don't see this ad :)
Black Florida residents fare extremely well with the state schools, especially FSU. If you score above a 508 you will be competitive for all of the Florida schools. Stellar ECs!

Reactions: 1 user
1. cGPA: 3.57
2. sGPA:3.4
3. MCAT score: currently reg. for the April 23rd test date shooting for 510+
4. State of residence: Fl
5. Ethnicity and/or race- Black female
6. Undergraduate institution or category- Large, public

7. Clinical experience (volunteer and non-volunteer)- Hospice House- 200+ hours over course of 4 years, Hospital 300+ hours over course of 3 years, Genetic Counseling clinic and Breast cancer research- 50 hours

8. Research experience and productivity- Working on honors thesis that will be published with lab work for 1 year. 2 other undergraduate research experiences both for 1 year each.

9. Shadowing experience and specialties represented- 60 hours with neurology and 20 hours with neurosurgery

10. Non-clinical volunteering- Volunteer Anatomy lab T.A- 100 hours, mentoring at local elementary school

11.Other extracurricular activities- Anatomy lab T.A ( have my own lab with 50+ students), Historian of Phi Theta Kappa, Pre-med Amsa active member,apart of the honors college, president and founder of a club on campus, I also tutor on the side

I am currently studying for the April MCAT exam date and applying for the 2017 cycle. Do I have a shot at applying to M.D schools? I'm also graduating in May and still looking for something meaningful to do during my gap year. Any suggestions and advice is greatly appreciated. :)
You sound like me