Chance Me

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Icantplayspades

Membership Revoked
Removed
Account on Hold
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Submitted AMCAS primary- approx. 3.3C and 3.0S.

Worked with international cancer organization

Hospice

Lots of shadowing

Tutoring organizer for college organization

Summer research program participant

Interned at local health department

Attended intercollegiate conference and won a competition at conference

Research ( almost 4 years in one lab)

Taking MCAT in August (NextStep diagnostic of 505- anticipating 510+).

I know I probably won't get in but I applied to most schools in SE (16 schools).

AA male

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
It's almost impossible to help you without the MCAT and unfortunately you won't have yours until September. You should put in some DO applications. Although your GPA might rise you will have to let every MD school know yourself as AMCAS does not update GPAs after verification. With a sGPA of 3.0 you most likely won't come anywhere near a 510. You may have a serious lack of content knowledge. But good luck anyway. Let us know how you do.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 1 user
It's almost impossible to help you without the MCAT and unfortunately you won't have yours until September. You should put in some DO applications. Although your GPA might rise you will have to let every MD school know yourself as AMCAS does not update GPAs after verification. With a sGPA of 3.0 you most likely won't come anywhere near a 510. You may have a serious lack of content knowledge. But good luck anyway. Let us know how you do.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Thanks, I've taken practice exams that suggest otherwise but thanks for the input.

Reactions: 1 user
FL

All FL schools
HBCU schools
All AL schools

Basically, the Southeast
If you do obtain a MCAT of at least 505 then you could receive several interviews from your Florida state schools and the HBCU's. Post your score here when available in September and we can see if you can add any other schools. The 2 Alabama state schools only accepted 40 non residents 2 years ago and some of those would be applicants with connections to Alabama.

Submitted AMCAS primary- approx. 3.3C and 3.0S.

Worked with international cancer organization

Hospice

Lots of shadowing

Tutoring organizer for college organization

Summer research program participant

Interned at local health department

Attended intercollegiate conference and won a competition at conference

Research ( almost 4 years in one lab)

Taking MCAT in August (NextStep diagnostic of 505- anticipating 510+).

I know I probably won't get in but I applied to most schools in SE (16 schools).

AA male

I don't know how to chance you correctly but I think you should keep your head up and study to do your absolute best on the MCAT.
Make it your top priority! I've seen your posts lately and it seems you're slightly discouraged. Do everything you can to increase your chances now.
Good luck, you got this.

Reactions: 1 users
Thank you, I really needed that. I'm currently taking the Nextstep prep course and I'm super focused!

I don't know how to chance you correctly but I think you should keep your head up and study to do your absolute best on the MCAT.
Make it your top priority! I've seen your posts lately and it seems you're slightly discouraged. Do everything you can to increase your chances now.
Good luck, you got this.