Chance me

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ninaz007

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just took my DAT today. Here are my scores:

PAT-19
QR-15 (eek :/)
Reading-19
Biology-17(should have listen to everyone when they said Breadth over depth)
Gen Chem-19
Organic-18
TS-18
AA-18

GPA:3.3
Dental assistant for 5+ years, President & founder of Pre dental club at university for 2.5 years, & other extra curriculars.

I am applying this cycle, as a re applicant. Mainly applied to mostly private schools in and out of state.

Members don't see this ad.

Chances are not looking too good. GPA is on the lower side and every DAT section is below 20. How has your application changed since last cycle? Which schools did you apply to?

Members don't see this ad :)
I hope you didn't already spend the money on apps...

Chances are not looking too good. GPA is on the lower side and every DAT section is below 20. How has your application changed since last cycle? Which schools did you apply to?
I got a chance to volunteer in a health brigade in Honduras and became a certified phlebotomist. Also, interned to be a dental clinic manager for a month.

Not very good chances due to stats and significant lateness.
At this point, I am hoping to get accepted to a Post-Bacc program which many dental schools offer despite being late. I have already submitted so I thought of committing all the way wouldn't hurt.

At this point, I am hoping to get accepted to a Post-Bacc program which many dental schools offer despite being late. I have already submitted so I thought of committing all the way wouldn't hurt.
The post bac programs are an entirely different application. Are you aware of that?

Retake DAT, it's not in the competitive range.

definitely retake your DAT. if you're looking into post-bacs you should check out Masters programs too for comparison before you decide