Chance me?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

axelbrand99

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

What are my chances for Stony Brook/ Buffalo?

PAT: 22
Math: 20
Reading: 22
Bio: 19
Gen Chem: 24
Organic Chem: 26
AA: 22

GPA: 3.90
250+ Shadowing hours (OMFS, Cosmetic, Prost
100+ Volunteering hours

As a NYS resident, I’m really hoping I can get a spot at either of these schools!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Very good, assuming you have more extracurricular activities, solid LORs, and a compelling personal statement.

Yes! Everything else is strong! Just wondering about stats. Thanks so much for your input!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Solid GPA and solid DAT. You should be very competitive for Buffalo and Stony. Try to get shadowing hours of a general dentist as well (Idk if cosmetic counts).

Reactions: 1 user
Hi all,

What are my chances for Stony Brook/ Buffalo?

PAT: 22
Math: 20
Reading: 22
Bio: 19
Gen Chem: 24
Organic Chem: 26
AA: 22

GPA: 3.90 (Cornell University)
250+ Shadowing hours (OMFS, Cosmetic, Prost
100+ Volunteering hours

As a NYS resident, I’m really hoping I can get a spot at either of these schools!
Major?
Specific EC description including shadowing and dental experience?
Have you networked with students and admissions staff at both schools?

Sent from my SM-N960U using SDN mobile

Hello,

I am a Biology and Society Major at Cornell University. I have shadowed at Weill Cornell's Oral and Maxillofacial residency program as well as local, private practices for ortho, prosthodontics and general dentistry.

So are you more a downstater then? Did you get a chance to go to SB to visit their dental school? How about UB? Cornell health professions advisor committee feedback?

I got accepted to one of these schools with lower stats than you. Feel free to message me