Chance of getting in Podiatry School.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ravioli1000

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I am really concerned about my chances of getting into podiatry school. I did worse than I imagined on my MCAT and ended with a 490 (122,122,123,123). My cumulative gpa is a 3.65 and science is a 3.45. I have shadowed 3 podiatrists for a total of 28 hours and have been an executive board member in a fraternity. I would love to hear what you all think. Thank you so much for your help.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,
I am really concerned about my chances of getting into podiatry school. I did worse than I imagined on my MCAT and ended with a 490 (122,122,123,123). My cumulative gpa is a 3.65 and science is a 3.45. I have shadowed 3 podiatrists for a total of 28 hours and have been an executive board member in a fraternity. I would love to hear what you all think. Thank you so much for your help.
You might have a shot at Barry, Kent or NYCPM because they value a higher gpa. If anything be prepared to talk about the low MCAT score...

My friend got into Kent with a 489 for class of 2024. Best of luck.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I got in with a 485 MCAT, you should be more than fine if you apply early.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi,

Your GPAs are good, I would consider re-taking it to maximize that scholarship money. Otherwise, you will get in somewhere.

Reactions: 1 user
You should be fine at some schools, maybe avoid those with a screen like Temple, but your GPA should help you as well. I would also consider a retake though, I had an 8 point bump on mine and I remember that 2 out of 4 schools in interviewed that pointed that out during the interview as a positive

MCAT of 490 prob good enough for foot school. GPA on higher end which may help.
Blitz it and apply to all 9.

MCAT of 490 prob good enough for foot school. GPA on higher end which may help.
Blitz it and apply to all 9.

I personally would avoid Temple with your current MCAT. No point in spending money only to be screened out.

Reactions: 1 users
Just out of curiosity, but how did you study for the MCAT? Maybe you can retake it.

Status
Not open for further replies.