chance thread with provided stats (low gpa good EC)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jankodejenko

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here are my stats, I think it's sort of a long shot but I really want to go to schools (specifically uDub, NYU, USC, Umich, UoP) but I'm not confident with my GPA seeing the averages. but I do know it varies depending on a lot of factors too.

now my stats:
-DAT: 20AA/19 TS (PA: 20, QR 19)
-sGPA: 3.2, oGPA: 3.1 (took half of pre-reqs @ Berkeley ext. if it makes a diff)
-1200 hours private dental shadow/volunteer, summer travel abroad medical/dental brigade in Panama, 200+ hours general volunteer through UCLA Health
-x-ray dental license

With some solid LORs and Personal statement what might be my chances of getting into some of the schools mentioned? oh yeah I'm continuing to take science courses so my sGPA might be a 3.3-4 by June

thanks for your time

Members don't see this ad.

Here are my stats, I think it's sort of a long shot but I really want to go to schools (specifically uDub, NYU, USC, Umich, UoP) but I'm not confident with my GPA seeing the averages. but I do know it varies depending on a lot of factors too.

now my stats:
-DAT: 20AA/19 TS (PA: 20, QR 19)
-sGPA: 3.2, oGPA: 3.1 (took half of pre-reqs @ Berkeley ext. if it makes a diff)
-1200 hours private dental shadow/volunteer, summer travel abroad medical/dental brigade in Panama, 200+ hours general volunteer through UCLA Health
-x-ray dental license

With some solid LORs and Personal statement what might be my chances of getting into some of the schools mentioned? oh yeah I'm continuing to take science courses so my sGPA might be a 3.3-4 by June

thanks for your time
If you are not from UW, with those stats it is a long shot, but if you could get your sgpa to a 3.4 by next cycle then you could have a chance at some of the those schools. I would still apply broadly to other schools that are with in your avg and with a 3.4 and 20 on the DAT you will at least get interviews at some of the private schools (roseman, LECOM, etc)

Members don't see this ad :)
I have almost identical stats to yours and I applied to almost all private schools. I didn't bother with OOS public schools since many overqualified applicants don't even get interviews.

UoP likes high DAT scores but other than that and UW you should at the very least get interviews from your other schools of interest.

Hey! we have almost the same stats but I'm applying next cycle. how'd you do if you don't mind me asking?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using SDN mobile