Chance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

smile matters

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know my stats are very low but I would still like to give it a shot this cycle since I already applied before taking my DAT. I am interested in adding these 3 schools and would like to know if it's worth it.
STATS:
OGPA: 3.2
SGPA: 3.0
DAT: 17AA

I am OOS for all these schools:
  • Tufts
  • Marquette
  • Louisville

Members don't see this ad.

Calculate My Chances

Dunno how other parts of ur app looks, but based on this thing created by someone, it says 10% purely based on stats. I suggest u retake the DAT man, good luck!

Not very high. Your GPA and DAT scores are bellow average.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
If you have the money and want to give it a chance, apply. But I would retake the DAT and maybe try to get into a post-bacc program in the meantime. I got an 18 AA on the DAT the first time I took it with a similar GPA. Knew I wasn't qualified so I retook the DAT and got a 24. So far I have 2 interviews this cycle, so all hope is not lost with the GPA being low. However, my extra curriculars are extremely good, so maybe work on that too if you feel like they aren't up to par as well.

Good luck!

Little to no chance, retake dat and be patient rather than taking a huge risk. Good luck.

A setback from success is not a failure, it is a chance to grow to a higher level of success.

Last edited:
Slim chance this cycle unless you are URM and applying to Howard and Meharry. And that is if you have excellent SOP and ECs. If you must apply this cycle, apply selectively to a couple schools but really, you need to retake that DAT for 22+. Since your GPA is below average, you need the DAT to be above average.

Personally, I wouldn't add more schools. How many did you apply to before taking the DAT?

Thank you guys! I am definitely going to retake it but I think it's too late in the cycle to retake since I just took it. I'd have to wait 90 days. So since I already applied, I wanted to just add just few school since I don't think I have a good chance. Do you guys think the schools I listed above or okay for me to apply?

Thank you guys! I am definitely going to retake it but I think it's too late in the cycle to retake since I just took it. I'd have to wait 90 days. So since I already applied, I wanted to just add just few school since I don't think I have a good chance. Do you guys think the schools I listed above or okay for me to apply?

I would double check DAT cutoffs with all three schools to make sure they'll look at your app. We don't know everything here on SDN and I think we just give feedback to the best of our ability. I would not add more school and stick to any private schools you may have applied to already. However, I agree that if money is no object, then go for it. How many schools have you applied to already?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile