Chances? 3.6 cGPA 3.5 sGPA 34 MCAT reapp

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kfsa1

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I was wondering if anyone had any insight into where I should apply this cycle. My app looks like so:

Current:
MI resident
cGPA 3.6 sGPA 3.5
MCAT 34 (14P, 9V, 11B)
20 credits of post-bacc work in last 6 months all coming in at 4.0 in all bio courses
-Since I applied I also added about 1500 hours of clinical hours scribing for a physician at a private clinic and seeing about 10,000 patients (barely had any first time).
-Also have 6 months more of clinical volunteering.
-3 new LOR which are all presumably great (2 from my science classes, 1 from the physician I worked with closely for a year and a half)

Previously applied (2010):
3.54 cGPA and 3.38 sGPA and 30 MCAT (13P, 7V, 10B)

I was wondering if could critique my list for schools. So far, I have these based on Catalystik's advice.:

Albany, SUNY Buffalo, SUNY Downstate, NYMC, University of Rochester
Temple, Jefferson
VCU, EVMS, MCW
RFU, RUSH
Wayne State, MSU, OUWB, Central Michigan, UofM

The only problem I may have is that I applied to 9 of these schools the first time around. I heard if I re-apply my chances are already lower at these schools? I want to come up with a list of places where I have the highest chance to get interviews/acceptances.

Thanks for your help guys.

Members don't see this ad.

Fantastic job over the course of the past year, I'd say a big reason as to why you didn't get any love last year was your previous verbal score. Now that you've raised it to a respectable 9, as well as a total score of 34, schools will definitely notice the improvement. Awesome job raising your set of GPA's as well.

Reapplying is never going to be looked at in a good light from schools previously on your AMCAS. However, since you've shown adequate improvement over the course of the past year, that certainly will work in your favor.

Your school list looks pretty solid at the moment, if you're still worried and have the money, adding a couple more low-mid tier schools surely wouldn't hurt.

I'd figure it out and submit ASAP, it's pretty common knowledge that the faster everything is verified/turned around the more lenient schools tend to be. Best of luck this cycle, we're rootin' for ya!

Thank you for the reply. I was wondering if anyone else could comment on my school list?

Members don't see this ad :)
Are there any other aspects of your application that you haven't listed here? Research experience? Non-clinical volunteering?

Are there any other aspects of your application that you haven't listed here? Research experience? Non-clinical volunteering?

This thread is nearly two years old lol.