CHANCES - 3.85 cgpa 3.9sgpa 30mcat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

forestgump

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all-
I have been taking practice mcats and take the full exam in three weeks. I have been scoring in the 29-30 range. If i were able to get my highest in each section I would have a 35 but seem unable to put together one great test. My gpa seems strong. I have almost a year of unremarkable undergrad research. I have shadowed in 4 specialty areas, founded a mission organization, and have at least 200 hours of volunteering, weeks of volunteering at a camp for children with cancer and two weeks of international mission trips. Other odds and ends will also make it onto the resume. Any suggestions? I am committed to taking the mcat at this date and am willing to take it again for next cycle. I am a florida resident so my school list includes all florida schools. I would also be interesting in Georgetown. Any other suggestions??? thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Assuming the projected stats: You could also consider MSU, Tulane, GWU, EVMS, University of Vermont, USC, Drexel, Toledo, NYMC, Albany, MCW, Rush, Temple, Jefferson, Penn State, University of Illinois, and Rosalind Franklin.

Sounds like you are on the right track!! Everything seems in line...are you applying/have applied this year or readying everything for next year? Try not to speculate too much on what you might get (it will drive you nuts!), but pending your actual score you are in pretty good standing it seems.

You founded a mission organization? wow! Very nice.

Only suggestion...on your app turn the "unremarkable" research into something significant on your life. What did it teach you about medicine...about the translational research..about yourself? Could be a great thing to talk about both in app/essay/ interviews.

Keep up the hard work and good luck on your test!:D

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks! Im trying not to get too ahead of myself with the test. I'll take it this time and have plenty of time to take it again before i apply in next cycle.

thanks for showing off and bragging about your resume just to hear people tell you about how great you are

thanks for showing off and bragging about your resume just to hear people tell you about how great you are

Having a bad day? This is the Pre-Medical forum...not the Medical Student forum- this person did not go out of their way to annoy you. If you are kind of bored or need a stress reliever there are plenty of truly rude or cocky students who post on here... don't think that is the case here though.

Hey yea, didnt think i had to be applying this cycle to post here. Wow. Thanks for the positive responses and info alot!

Hey yea, didnt think i had to be applying this cycle to post here. Wow. Thanks for the positive responses and info alot!

You don't have to be applying this cycle to post here...you're fine!:oops: I've read posts made by college sophmores.

Last edited: