Chances? 33, 3.5sGPA, 3.73AO

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fatimany

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there.

My stats are 33, 3.5sGPA, and 3.7AO.
My ECs are okay.

I applied to about 13 schools, out of which three might be a reach like NYU, Cornell and Baylor. The rest are all schools that accept students with stats close to mine. Should I add more schools and which ones? I am working on my Georgetown secondary now and will submit by Monday.

Should I put my DO application in too?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Which schools did you apply to and where is your state of residence?
NY. I applied to SUNY Downstate, Upstate, Stony Brook, Jefferson Medical College, Temple, Penn State, Rutgers NJMS, Robert Wood NJMS, Cornell, NYU, Baylor, NYMC, Albert Einstein already. Complete at most of these around August 20ish.

Members don't see this ad :)
NY. I applied to SUNY Downstate, Upstate, Stony Brook, Jefferson Medical College, Temple, Penn State, Rutgers NJMS, Robert Wood NJMS, Cornell, NYU, Baylor, NYMC, Albert Einstein already. Complete at most of these around August 20ish.
The 2 Rutgers together matriculated one regular OOS MD applicant between them last year. That leaves maybe 8 schools where you have a fair to good chance at an interview. Not terrible.

You probably should add some more schools. Since you seem to prefer the northeast you could add Quinnipiac, Hofstra, SUNY Buffalo, Drexel, Commonwealth (PA), GW.

Reactions: 1 user