1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Chances? 33Q 3.8 GPA

Discussion in 'What Are My Chances?' started by boshtrich, Jul 21, 2011.

1. boshtrich

5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I've been wandering around SDN for a while but this is my first post. Just wondering what people have seen regarding acceptance chances for someone with a reasonably good GPA and MCAT but pretty ordinary (i.e. boring) EC experiences. I volunteer in two hospitals, shadow an ER doc, quite a bit of research at a national lab (w/ leadership) and some non-clinical volunteering. Already got a quick reject from Mayo and just curious as to what other people think. Applied mostly to "competitive schools" (based on MCAT and GPA) with some reaches like Northwestern and NYU.

Stats: 33Q MCAT (11PS 10VR 12 BS), 3.79 cGPA, 3.78 sGPA, engineering major, CO resident

Thanks for any input!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. .

#2 mokhoras, Jul 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2013
  4. Catalystik

Catalystik Platinum
    Physician Faculty SDN Advisor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

The AllApplicants stats grid suggests you have a 82% of an acceptance somewhere. Reachier schools might still be within your grasp if your ECs are particularly strong, as they can trump numbers to some extent. Lackluster ECs might mean that less-selective schools will snap you up to add your stats to their numbers. Hopefully, you included some safeties on your list.

5. JGlueck

2+ Year Member

With those stats you should get some interviews. I would not worry about the quick rejects. You have a competitive MCAT score a good GPA and some good ec experience.

6. boshtrich

5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Thanks for the replies. I applied to 15 schools, most of which have averages below my numbers so hopefully it all works out in the end.

7. Entadus

Entadus Happy on 5-HT
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    It may be a long cycle but I think you're golden :)