Chances and Help with School List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

maddyfreaks

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am applying from VA

4.00 GPA
38Q (13 PS, 12 VR, 13 BS)
Biology Major

EC's
Hospital Volunteer - surgery center and ER (800 hours over 5 years)
Doctor Shadowing - Cardiologist, ER, Surgery (100 hours over 3 years)
Research in a cancer lab (450 hours over 3 years) - have 1 publication on Leukemia

Non medical community service at youth center where we tutored young underserved children as well as coached them tennis and other sports - 50 hours over 2 years

In about 7 clubs - have leadership positions like treasurer and secretary
Intramural sports - soccer and flag football (captain in football)

I need help on the school list, especially trying to find more middle level and lower level schools

Harvard
Yale
Michigan
Case Western
UPenn
Vanderbilt
Johns Hopkins
Mayo

Middle(Got chances)
UVA
VCU
EVMS
VT
Georgetown
George Washington
Temple
Drexel
Baylor

Trying for like 20 schools so any help would be appreciated on middle tier or lower tier schools, that are OOS friendly.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Um, I think you are a pretty good candidate. I wouldn't bother with lower-tier if I were you; certainly you can at least snag interviews at mid to upper tiers.

i don't think you really need to apply to 20 schools. you're in like... the 99th percentile lol. and "OOS friendly" isn't really necessary when you have stats like yours, you're golden everywhere.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, I think that list that you have is a pretty solid one, and I'd say with a fair amount of confidence that you'll get into a number of great schools on that list. Your numbers are superb and your EC's are great as well. For some middle-tier suggestions- maybe Jefferson or Einstein? I also noticed a lot of Virginia-area schools on your list. Not too great with southern(ish) geography, but if you're looking for schools in that vicinity, I think you'd be competitive for Duke if you're interested.

Hey, I think that list that you have is a pretty solid one, and I'd say with a fair amount of confidence that you'll get into a number of great schools on that list. Your numbers are superb and your EC's are great as well. For some middle-tier suggestions- maybe Jefferson or Einstein? I also noticed a lot of Virginia-area schools on your list. Not too great with southern(ish) geography, but if you're looking for schools in that vicinity, I think you'd be competitive for Duke if you're interested.

Yeah I'm from VA so applying to all the IS schools. And yeah I was thinking of Einstein as well. I guess I'll add that too. And I'll think about Duke as well

I might add University of Chicago (good merit scholarships). Also, you could add Pitt and Columbia if you wanted to add a few more schools. As long as you have a good PS, LORs, and interview well you will be fine.