chances and MPH in Canada

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chimp

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about MPH in Canada? I'm mostly interested in the epi program at Mcgill and McMaster, but would love to hear about other schools also.

TIA

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi Chimp,

There are only a few schools in Canada that offer the MPH degree, and in most cases they are generalist programs. Some that come to mind are the University of Alberta, University of Waterloo, University of Toronto, Lakehead University and I think, the University of New Brunswick.

I don't know anything about the epi program at McMaster, but I completed my MSc in Epidemiology & Biostatistics at McGill so I can likely answer any specific questions you might have about the program/faculty. Unfortunately though, McGill is quite competitive and most successful applicants have a GPA of 3.6 or higher.

Montreal is an absolutely amazing city to live in - especially if you would like to learn French and eat a lot of croissants!!

Best of luck,
NurseEpi

thanks for getting back to me NurseEpi. I'm PM'd you :)

Members don't see this ad :)
If you want to go in the US, I would def apply b/c I had a 2.96 and an 1170 on the GRE and I got into all the schools I applied to except one. I was accepted at University of Texas, University of Oklahoma, UAB, UNT in Fort Worth . GWU in DC was the only one I was denied. I would make sure that all of your GRE scores are above 500 though. I think as long as you have everything else good, you should be able to get in some schools.