Chances and School List Help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

msr25

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
With your 7 VR, those are all big time reaches. You are average to below average for all of those schools in the sciences and below the 10th percentile for many of those schools in VR. You need to add some low to mid DO schools as safeties and some mid to upper DOs as matches. With a great cGPA but weaker sGPA, you really can't expect that VR to be ignored. I'd pick your favorite 5 or so of those MD schools and keep 'em. Then add 10 DO schools you wouldn't mind attending.

Add UIllinois and Rosalind Franklin which have a bottom tenth percentile for VS of 7. and others like EVMS which doesn't look at subscores, and FIU and Oakland, which don't have a minimum cutoff.

I'd probably remove schools with a bottom tenth percentile for VS greater than an 8 per the MSAR.

Include Albany, NYMC, Cooper (new in NJ), and maybe Hofstra.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the advice guys. I think I'm going to retake the MCAT in the spring and withdraw from this cycle.

What should I do if I'm verified already though? Do I just not send in secondaries and wait until the next cycle? I think I'm supposed to contact each medical school on my primary and ask for my removal from the applicant pool.