Chances as a Canadian Student applying to US Dental Schools this cycle?

May 4, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
So I have a CGPA of about a 3.72, sGPA of 3.7, good ECs and 4 solid reference letters as well. I wrote the DAT before (in 2019) and I had a 17AA, but I am also writing again on November 24th

What are my chances on receiving interviews for the US? I submitted my application about a month ago and on file I have shown my previous DAT score. I also wrote that I am rewriting in November so that they relook at my application once they receive the new scores.

I applied to Boston, CaseWestern, NYU, Buffalo, Minnesota, UDM, Temple, Midwestern (IL).

Just wanted some opinions! Thank you.

xih161

7+ Year Member
Feb 7, 2012
Saskatchewan, Canada
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Also Canadian with good EC, 4 decent LOR (professor, dentist, research professor, etc all know me well.), high-ish GPA and low DAT. (3.85 GPA, 3.83 sGPA, 17TS, 19AA). I applied in July and wrote the DAT in late September. I got one interview out of the 4 American schools I've applied for so far. I'm a little disappointed, but I couldn't blame anyone bc of my low DAT...

UDM gave me an interview invite in October, and I haven't heard from Temple with my stats.
Above are my stats. I don't know about other schools, but I felt it might be too late in the cycle unless maybe if you nailed the DAT and update with the school personally so they know the update. Hope it helps!!
Btw are you applying to Canadian schools as well?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads