Chances at Cornell --DREAM SCHOOL. be brutally honest 3.9gpa,30MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wattupdoc

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
If we're going to talk about your specific chance at a single school, Cornell, then I have to say it's not very good. Your MCAT is well below their average (~36) and even below their 10th percentile (~32). Unfortunately NYU, Sinai, Columbia, and Einstein are also very tough to get into. I think you're app is good, but those top-tiers are a crapshoot even for high-stat applicants. If you apply broadly, I'm confident that you'll get accepted somewhere. Consider also NYMC, Rochester, and Hofstra (new school). I know you said MD only, but if you're dream is to go to school in Manhattan, Touro COM is there too.

Members don't see this ad :)
---------

Last edited:
Thanks guys! I've decided im going to kick butt on the MCAT to improve my chances!

even if you had the stats for cornell your chances of getting into cornell are slim because everyone wants to go there. why dont you focus on other aspects of your application and apply broadly. a 3.9 30 will land you an acceptance to an MD school somewhere.

Thanks guys! I've decided im going to kick butt on the MCAT to improve my chances!

Do this only if you are extremely confident that you can do significantly better. Unless you were averaging much better on your practice exams (35+), I would not recommend retaking and risk doing the same/worse.

Haha well I haven't taken the MCAT yet, it was a hypothetical expectation, but when I take it for real I'm hoping I can kick butt now that I know how I have to aim higher

Seriously, be careful. Dropping below 30 would hurt an otherwise great application.