chances at matching in IM with a pass in IM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alwaysbehappy

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I was very upset when I got just a pass in my IM core clerkship. I wanted to know if I still have a shot at matching in internal medicine. I was thinking of going into peds, if I really can't match IM, but I would like an honest opinion. Thanks in advance!
My background:
I'm IMG
Pysch and peds clerkship - honors, and haven't done the rest of my clerkships yet.
Research - only one experience, but no pubs/posters.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I think that you should be able to match with a pass. You probably have a better chance at community than academic programs. You can always apply broadly and see what you get come this application season.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi,
I was very upset when I got just a pass in my IM core clerkship. I wanted to know if I still have a shot at matching in internal medicine. I was thinking of going into peds, if I really can't match IM, but I would like an honest opinion. Thanks in advance!
My background:
I'm IMG, with step score in the low 240's, cs/step 2 not done yet.
Pysch and peds clerkship - honors, and haven't done the rest of my clerkships yet.
Research - only one experience, but no pubs/posters.

No one cares about clerkship grades as an IMG imo. Your numbers may not get you that Dana Farber fellowship, but you can be a Hematologist.

Reactions: 1 user