Chances at VCOM, Western and AZCOM. 3.9s,3.78c, "26" MCAT-

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bshoni22

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi. I've been looking for acceptance stats and experiences for these specific schools for a while now. If I'm posting in the wrong location or if there are threads that address my issues I apologize. Please feel free to move this post or send me some links to the proper threads. I'm very interested in VCOM. It seems to be a well put together school with great resources and clinical locations- same thing for the other schools. Also my mother lives in NC so I'm able to claim Appalachian residency. Of course I'm open to others (NOVA, LECOM...) but my interest has been piqued by these three.

What are my chances with: 3.9 sGPA, 3.78 cGPA. I take my MCAT next Wednesday:scared::scared: I've been scoring between 25-28 on my practice tests. I'm shooting for 26 and higher. PS kills me. I was an English major, never took any math before doing my ad hoc post bacc. Been studying like an animal for 5 months. I think thats too long. Brain dead. Anyways, I have a Fulbright Fellowship, experience in health clinics/centers/offices in Korea, Israel and Florida, volunteer time at 2 hospitals plus I have a certified therapy dog and we visit wards, offices and hospitals. There's more but that's the meaty stuff.

I know my experiences aren't "standard". I'm also 29 and a non-trad. Hoping this will work in my favor. Who knows. I feel pretty uncertain about my application's strength. Also I'm having some trouble getting LOR from local doctors because I haven't had too much time lately to shadow. However, I'm sure I can get at least two shortly after I take the test. Also the President of my college is writing a LOR, maybe that would make a difference. Again, don't know.

Any insight into my chances at VCOM and the other schools listed would be greatly appreciated. If there are any questions or suggestions on how to improve my app/chances I'd love to hear your comments. Thanks a lot.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi. I've been looking for acceptance stats and experiences for these specific schools for a while now. If I'm posting in the wrong location or if there are threads that address my issues I apologize. Please feel free to move this post or send me some links to the proper threads. I'm very interested in VCOM. It seems to be a well put together school with great resources and clinical locations- same thing for the other schools. Also my mother lives in NC so I'm able to claim Appalachian residency. Of course I'm open to others (NOVA, LECOM...) but my interest has been piqued by these three.

What are my chances with: 3.9 sGPA, 3.78 cGPA. I take my MCAT next Wednesday:scared::scared: I've been scoring between 25-28 on my practice tests. I'm shooting for 26 and higher. PS kills me. I was an English major, never took any math before doing my ad hoc post bacc. Been studying like an animal for 5 months. I think thats too long. Brain dead. Anyways, I have a Fulbright Fellowship, experience in health clinics/centers/offices in Korea, Israel and Florida, volunteer time at 2 hospitals plus I have a certified therapy dog and we visit wards, offices and hospitals. There's more but that's the meaty stuff.

I know my experiences aren't "standard". I'm also 29 and a non-trad. Hoping this will work in my favor. Who knows. I feel pretty uncertain about my application's strength. Also I'm having some trouble getting LOR from local doctors because I haven't had too much time lately to shadow. However, I'm sure I can get at least two shortly after I take the test. Also the President of my college is writing a LOR, maybe that would make a difference. Again, don't know.

Any insight into my chances at VCOM and the other schools listed would be greatly appreciated. If there are any questions or suggestions on how to improve my app/chances I'd love to hear your comments. Thanks a lot.

I'm also taking the MCAT on the 6th. Best of luck to you.
Regarding your question: I think you have a very competitive application. Should you earn a 26+ on your MCAT, you will be sitting in a good position, especially with your other stats, to get an acceptance somewhere. I can't be more specific about VCOM.

Good luck! Thank you for the positive input. A few more comments like that and maybe I'll be able to sleep through a whole night.