Chances for a Canadian at Oxbridge Med? Are there any current/past students on SDN?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

newtonsingh

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do Canadians even get accepted into Oxbridge Medical Schools? And if they do, which is more likely to take you, Oxford or Cambridge?

Members don't see this ad.

Yes they do. I know 2 canadians there, non-personally. One got into Oxford from high school and the other got into Cambridge's Graduate Entry Medicine after undergrad. I have also heard of another person getting into Cambridge from high school but chose to go to Northwestern's HPME 7 year MD instead.

I just would warn you though that unless you plan on living there permanently I wouldn't go to Oxbridge. If you are thinking of practicing in the states, you can consider it, it is a decent option but if you want to return to Canada don't go to Oxbridge.

Reactions: 1 user
Yes they do. I know 2 canadians there, non-personally. One got into Oxford from high school and the other got into Cambridge's Graduate Entry Medicine after undergrad. I have also heard of another person getting into Cambridge from high school but chose to go to Northwestern's HPME 7 year MD instead.

I just would warn you though that unless you plan on living there permanently I wouldn't go to Oxbridge. If you are thinking of practicing in the states, you can consider it, it is a decent option but if you want to return to Canada don't go to Oxbridge.

Thanks for the reply.

I've always wanted to live in England, and so Oxbridge would be perfect for me.

Gonna apply this year in hopes for an offer. Also, I read that in general Cambridge has more international seats available, and so obviously it would make sense to apply there, however out of the two, does any one particularly favour North American students?

Thanks for the reply.

I've always wanted to live in England, and so Oxbridge would be perfect for me.

Gonna apply this year in hopes for an offer. Also, I read that in general Cambridge has more international seats available, and so obviously it would make sense to apply there, however out of the two, does any one particularly favour North American students?

I would go for Cambridge if I were you, neither favours North American students, but statistically Cambridge has more spots.

Reactions: 1 user