Chances for an International Student?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cryinhound

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,
I'm an international student studying at a University in the US right now majoring in Bio
I want to go to med school, my stats are:

cGPA: 3.25
sGPA: 3.12
MCAT: Not taken yet but hopefully in the low to mid 30's based on practice tests

I have a large amount of extra curricular activities, I have clinical experience starting all the way from Junior year of High school in three different countries. I've been doing research for three years as well

What do you think my chances are of making it to an MD program in the US? I know it's a little more difficult as an international student but do you think my stats are just way too low in spite of a good amount of experience?
Any help appreciated
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I know it's a little more difficult as an international student but do you think my stats are just way too low in spite of a good amount of experience?
Sorry to say that your stats are indeed, way too low. Your BCPM GPA is really low. A great MCAT score is unlikely to help considering your international status. Have you considered applying to DO schools? With a good MCAT score, they might consider you.

Your grades look too low, even if you were a US student.
Not having a green card/permanent residency I think would make it extremely challenging for you.
You might want to consider med school in your country of origin, and then see if you can come back to the US for residency.