Dismiss Notice
Check out the new Application Assistant, where you can calculate your LizzyM score, see how you rank compared to other applicants, and see a list of schools where similar students were accepted.

Chances for Canadian student

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical Osteopathic [ DO ]' started by zaidss786, 05.18.14.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. zaidss786

zaidss786

Pre-Medical
    I am a Canadian student with a 3.85 gpa (3.5 first year, 3.9 second year, 4.0 third and fourth). I have written my MCAT 3 times (28 --> 26 -->26).

Can you guys please advise me on if i should write my MCAT again in late June meaning i would get my marks back late July and apply late in the cycle. or apply early with the 26 ??

Ps. do most DO schools look at top MCAT score or do they look at the most recent ? what are my chances ? which schools accept Canadians ?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. AlteredScale

AlteredScale Staff Member SDN Moderator 2+ Year Member

Medical Student

I think you have plateaued at 26-28. The drop might be a bit eyebrow raising to AdComs. Not because you dropped two points but because you wrote it twice after and did not improve. I think it can show that you were not preparing (which I am not concluding!).

I'd say to not write the MCAT again and apply with what you have. You might need to explain what happen with your MCAT on you personal statement.

They will see your scores in order of when you took it. Perhaps some schools will take the highest but am not so sure!

I think you have a shot! It doesn't hurt to try.

Search "AOA CIB" which shows all the schools, what they are looking for, and if the take international students and canadian students.

4. TeamLeafs

TeamLeafs

About the ads