DO Chances for DO?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CorkytheBat

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
3.25 cGPA 3.12 sGPA, 503 MCAT (126,126,126,125) DO and MD shadow, lots of volunteer hours, applied to AACOMAS in August and 2 DO programs but haven't heard anything yet. Starting senior year at large top 10 public university with most of my difficult classes complete (biochem, ochem, calc, etc.) I held off applying to more schools while I was exploring post-bacc options because of my GPA, I was recently advised that should go ahead and apply to many more DO schools as long as I've started. Four questions; 1) Is this good advice? 2)Do I want to be a "reapplicant"? 3)And what schools would you advise I apply to? ( applications to LECOM, Pikesville so far) Finally 4) Is it too late in the cycle with my low stats? I come from an underserved rural community and would like to return to the rural lifestyle. Thank you in advance for your help.

Members don't see this ad.

It's fair advice, as you're competitive for some but not all DO schools.

Four questions; 1) Is this good advice?

The stigma isn't as bad as for MD schools (and even then, not all MD schools penalize reapplicants)

2)Do I want to be a "reapplicant"?

Any but the following: CUSOM, KCUMB, the coastal Touros, Western, CCOM, AZCOM, LUCOM, MSUCOM
3)And what schools would you advise I apply to? ( applications to LECOM, Pikesville so far)

Nope, the DO cycle is longer. You're fine until Dec.
Finally 4) Is it too late in the cycle with my low stats? I come from an underserved rural community and would like to return to the rural lifestyle. Thank you in advance for your help.]