Chances for Med School in Ohio?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Can I get in?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

afroduckftw

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm an Ohio Resident, me ECs are close to 300 hours various organizations and clinical work, some of those hours are from non-medicine related activities (can I still count those hours?)

GPA: 3.6 sGPA 3.5

Gen Chem1: C+ Gen Chem 2: C-
Ochem 1: A Ochem 2: A
Bio 1: A Bio 2: A
Calc I: A- Calc 2: A

Do I have a shot at getting into med school as in state? My main concern is the C's I got my first year. Are those going to kill my chances at all?

Members don't see this ad.

your GPA is fine... if you get a 30+ on MCAt you will have a change at the OH schools

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm an Ohio Resident, my ECs are close to 300 hours various organizations and clinical work, some of those hours are from non-medicine related activities (can I still count those hours?)

Do I have a shot at getting into med school as in state? My main concern is the C's I got my first year. Are those going to kill my chances at all?

Wanted to chime in since our UG GPAs are identical (at the same institution no less). I also got C's in gen chem but A's in Ochem with a strong upward trend overall. Long story short I would say I had no problem getting an in state acceptance as an Ohio resident and am currently an M2. Given your MCAT score you should be fine assuming you continue to prove you can handle the upper level coursework and everything else in your application is in line. Certainly not a deal breaker.

Your GPAs are competitive for a lot of med schools. It is a pre-med delusion that a few Cs will kill your chances.

I'm an Ohio Resident, me ECs are close to 300 hours various organizations and clinical work, some of those hours are from non-medicine related activities (can I still count those hours?)

Reactions: 1 user
I think you'll do great this cycle.