chances for medical schools in california

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nitingarg

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I went to a community college and then transferred to ucsd. I've got straight a's in all my classes except my 1st semester at the community college was a c in calculus b in chem c in bio and b in English. my mcat score is 34. what are my chances for ucla medical school as well a's other uc med schools?

Members don't see this ad.

I went to a community college and then transferred to ucsd. I've got straight a's in all my classes except my 1st semester at the community college was a c in calculus b in chem c in bio and b in English. my mcat score is 34. what are my chances for ucla medical school as well a's other uc med schools?

YOu have literally a 4.0 after the first semester? Assuming good ECs, I'd think you have a pretty good chance...

Good LORs, strong interview skills, and an intriguing Personal Statement, along with a unique hook somewhere in your application are known to be helpful. There are so many excellent candidates in the state of California, that an element of luck is important too. Since no one is a shoo-in, applying widely is always a good idea.

Good LORs, strong interview skills, and an intriguing Personal Statement, along with a unique hook somewhere in your application are known to be helpful. There are so many excellent candidates in the state of California, that an element of luck is important too. Since no one is a shoo-in, applying widely is always a good idea.

yep. no one can count on CA.