MD Chances for next cycle: 3.95 cGPA(4.0 sGPA), 523, Red Flag

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

knitter94

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Deleted for privacy reasons

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I don't think these red flags are going to be deal-breakers for most schools. This would be a prime example of when an applicant should actually use the "is there anything else you want us to know" box that are present on most secondaries. Use this field to talk about your withdrawals. Because this essay will be sent to essentially every school, it's an important one to do well, so make sure you have a couple trusted people read it over before you submit it.

I would apply to all your state schools and a healthy mix of mid and top tier schools. You have a solid application and your stats indicate that your withdrawals were likely for non-academic reasons. Give us schools you're interested in, and we'll help you refine it.

Reactions: 1 users
When the withdrawals happened and what you learned from them will be what matters most.

If any n=1 experience helps you just for comfort purposes(and we all know it shouldn't but I'll still offer it for sanity purposes) I have a friend who had 2 semesters of complete withdrawals and they weren't for those type of emergencies and he has very average stats applying this cycle. 3 IIs this far no mention of it. Many schools will look at this differently perhaps and maybe a couple more harshly than others. It will be looked at. But how you've responded from it and have you overcome what caused the W's in the past is what's really to focus on. Your accomplishments show this is obviously the case.

As they like to say on here aim high

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
The 'Dawg is spot on, as usual.

I don't think these red flags are going to be deal-breakers for most schools. This would be a prime example of when an applicant should actually use the "is there anything else you want us to know" box that are present on most secondaries. Use this field to talk about your withdrawals. Because this essay will be sent to essentially every school, it's an important one to do well, so make sure you have a couple trusted people read it over before you submit it.

I would apply to all your state schools and a healthy mix of mid and top tier schools. You have a solid application and your stats indicate that your withdrawals were likely for non-academic reasons. Give us schools you're interested in, and we'll help you refine it.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for your help, guys. :) I really appreciate it.

Tentative school list:

Columbia
UChicago
NYU
Vanderbilt
Cornell
Northwestern
Mt. Sinai
Emory
Case Western
Einstein
Mayo
Wake Forest
Boston University
University of Rochester
Cincy (OOS)
University of Illinois (IS)
SIU (The area I grew up in is quite rural, so I think I might have a shot even though it's north of 80.)
Rush
Loyola
Medical College of Wisconsin
Rosalind Franklin
Temple
Creighton

Last edited:
-

Last edited: