Chances for Postgrad as a foreign trained dentist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Alexanderplatz

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey could anyone tell me what are my chances for postgrad admission with GPA 3.85 and Class rank third , no NBDE no GRE ?

Is there a chance for Orhto , Prostho , Endo ?

Members don't see this ad.

People I do not plan to settle in U.S ! I just want to specialize , train , study and back home.

No body No one !!

Members don't see this ad :)
So save your time & tuition and just stay where you are.

:thumbup: Aphistis is the best.

So I wonder if the OP would sign a legal contract that stipulates that per his/her admission to a specialty program, he/she could not seek US licensure and must immediately return to his/her home country and practice for a minimum of 10 years prior to seeking US licensure.

Oh wait, probably won't happen.:laugh:

its easy,

all three specialization branches u mention do accept FTD, and even if u want to seek US license well its tough. just go for it, u have good chances and they wont present much challenge towards you as long as u pay your tuition on time.

i think getting into ortho/omfs/endo is really really hard. There is no harm in trying! Or if US license is not your aim, you can look for perceptorship/fellowship specially designed for international dentists. NYU, TUFTS, UCLA offer such programs and i'm sure many other schools must also be having such programs.