Chances for Rush OOS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kcpride

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how tough it is to get into Rush out of state? I would love to hear from anyone OOS who's gotten an interview @ Rush...

3.3/33, lots of research and leadership, little clinical, other EC's.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know how tough it is to get into Rush out of state? I would love to hear from anyone OOS who's gotten an interview @ Rush...

3.3/33, lots of research and leadership, little clinical, other EC's.

Thanks!

it's tough, as they interview a very small percentage of OOSers (something like 2.5%). But if you've gotten an interview, your chances are quite good.

I'm from California, and I interviewed at Rush back in November and was accepted in December. As I said in another thread, Rush is probably the most awesome place in the western world, so best of luck to you!

I interviewed mid January, 3.7/32, decent EC's, some clinical experience. I'm still waiting to hear back. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm in state, but I interviewed there last week. They said that of their target class size of 128, they aim to have about 100 in-state students.

I interviewed mid January, 3.7/32, decent EC's, some clinical experience. I'm still waiting to hear back. Good luck!

Hey I think we interviewed there on the same day. January 17th and i haven't heard back either. Are you OOS?

Yeah, I'm OOS also, and getting really anxious about hearing from them. Are you OOS also? Hopefully we'll hear something soon.

Yes I'm OOS...from CA. Are you the one from UCLA?

RUSH is an awsome school. If I had to go to school out of state, there's no doubt it would be Rush. I remember they said that if you're OOS and got an interview invite, your chance to get in is even higher than the instate applicants. I m dropping my acceptance at Rush and I m OOS so hopefully that will help some OOS. Good luck guys.

Hey! Just echoing what others have said -- tough to get an interview if you're OOS but once you get that far, chances of getting in are pretty high. I'm OOS, went to UCLA, CA resident and was accepted back in Jan. Are you applying for this coming cycle?

OOS applicant here, interviewed late Nov, Wait-listed early Jan, taken off wait-list and accepted mid Feb. I have a feeling you need to demonstrate some strong connection to Chicago. For me, I did my undergrad there. Like everyone has stated, it's hard to get an OOS interview but once you get it, you have a great chance of being accepted. The students there are seem ridiculously happy.

Good luck.

OOS applicant here, interviewed late Nov, Wait-listed early Jan, taken off wait-list and accepted mid Feb. I have a feeling you need to demonstrate some strong connection to Chicago. For me, I did my undergrad there. Like everyone has stated, it's hard to get an OOS interview but once you get it, you have a great chance of being accepted. The students there are seem ridiculously happy.

Good luck.

I went to a local bar and had some drink with some M1 students the night before my interview. They looked extremely relaxed to me. I don't think you need any ties to the state or Chicago in order to get an interview or accepted. I m the living proof.

On my interview day (1/31), Jill Porter mentioned that they interview about 70 OOS students for about 30 OOS spots. Good luck.