Chances for UF Pharmacy School??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

billmo90

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys I am currently a senior and my gpa is 3.3(cum) and 3.4(science) with a 81 on the pcat. Some shadowing and volunteering. For any of you what do you think my chances are for getting accepted from UF? And is there any advice you guys have for those who have already been accepted??

Members don't see this ad.

Directly from UF Pharmacy website

The average science GPA for the admitted fall 2013 class was a 3.47; the range was approximately 3.0 to 4.0

The average PCAT score for the admitted fall 2013 class was at the 79th percentile and ranged from about the 60th to 99th percentile on the composite score. The minimum required PCAT score to apply is at the 50th percentile, however a competitive score for review is generally between the 70th-99th percentile composite.

http://pharmacy.ufl.edu/education/student-affairs/admissions/admission-requirements/

Your stats are practically spot on with their 'average' accepted student, meaning I imagine you have a very good chance as long as the rest of your resume is up to par and you are a Florida resident.

Members don't see this ad :)
Instate student. I currently go to USF.

you should be fine. i got an interview with 3.1 + 95 pcat some pharm volunteering and extensive community volunteering.

Thanks! I was just wondering if I should retake the pcat or what not :)

Thanks! I was just wondering if I should retake the pcat or what not :)
I don't think that would be necessary. Your time might be better spent doing volunteer work or getting more pharmacy experience.

80+ is perfect for UF. Sadly I got an 76 and I dont feel like retaking the PCAT so I might as well not apply (or apply knowing my changes will be really low lol)

You will prob get an interview

80+ is perfect for UF. Sadly I got an 76 and I dont feel like retaking the PCAT so I might as well not apply (or apply knowing my changes will be really low lol)
You need to apply as long as your gpa is greater than 3 and are instate. And exp will help.

You need to apply as long as your gpa is greater than 3 and are instate. And exp will help.

I got a 3.5 GPA and some experience (next fall I am getting my BS in Biology and minor in Chemistry). I am a FL resident, but UF is so far away from where I live that it will be cheaper for me to go to NOVA. Even though UF is a state university, it will be more expensive cause I will have to pay for rent, food, etc (pretty much everything lol)... So NOVA is my top choice (cause I can live with my parents)
NOVA might not be as good as UF, but its still a pretty great pharmacy school :)

I got a 3.5 GPA and some experience (next fall I am getting my BS in Biology and minor in Chemistry). I am a FL resident, but UF is so far away from where I live that it will be cheaper for me to go to NOVA. Even though UF is a state university, it will be more expensive cause I will have to pay for rent, food, etc (pretty much everything lol)... So NOVA is my top choice (cause I can live with my parents)
NOVA might not be as good as UF, but its still a pretty great pharmacy school :)

Idk anyhting about your backgrgaound but do you really want to stay at home for 4 years of your life? If you've never left your hometown Gaineville is a great place to live and has a great college town feel. Granted after 5 years in undergrad i'm sick of it but that's to be expected. Food isnt too expensive here and neither is rent. I just ho nestly couldn't see myself living at home while being in college and wouldn't mind the extra bit of debt just to have the ability to have my own place and privacy.

and let's not even get into how many more opportunities you'll find in gainesville. interdisciplinary studies with other health science students; amazing UF facilities; UF reputation; SHANDS (or UFhealth.. whatever it is now) and not to mention the awesome staff there. I may be biased due to being a current undergrad student but i would SEriouSLY reconsider your decision if the cost of food and rent (which can be covered by loans) are the only reason you wouldn't attend UF.

also dear god please look at the tuition rates! $21k a year for UF vs. $28.5k a year for NOVA! That 7.5k difference can make up the food+rent+MORE. Keep your options open neji (got havent typed that since high school lmao) UF is an amazing institution and you have competitive stats. I wouldn't want you going to NOVA just because of those reasons.

Last edited:
Idk anyhting about your background but do you really want to stay at home for 4 years of your life? If you've never left your hometown Gaineville is a great place to live and has a great college town feel. Granted after 5 years in undergrad i'm sick of it but that's to be expected. Food isnt too expensive here and neither is rent. I just honestly couldn't see myself living at home while being in college and wouldn't mind the extra bit of debt just to have the ability to have my own place and privacy.
I dont really mind living with my parents. Especially cause Im Cuban and thats the way I was raised. Also, I dont really have any privacy issues with them ... :)
+ Miami > Gaineville, I dont like small towns. Some people hate how multicultural Miami is, but I love it :)
and Yes, UF is great, but that does not mean NOVA is not. They might not be as research oriented as UF, but they still got a great program (it was not as good a few years ago, but with the new Dean, they have improved A LOT)

Reactions: 1 user
I dont really mind living with my parents. Especially cause Im Cuban and thats the way I was raised. Also, I dont really have any privacy issues with them ... :)
+ Miami > Gaineville, I dont like small towns. Some people hate how multicultural Miami is, but I love it :)

haha I'm fighting a losing battle here then. I know people from miami/soflo will defend it until the death :p
Jul 2, 2009

haha I'm fighting a losing battle here then. I know people from miami/soflo will defend it until the death :p
Jul 2, 2009
Im still applying to UF, dont get me wrong! :) I might change my mind... Im applyin next cycle, so I still have a bit of time to think it over :p

Last edited:
I live at home and attend UF. I save soooo much money.