MD Chances/help with med school list! :)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

te72214

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I recommend you increase your clinical volunteering. 80 hrs of clinical + shadowing experience is light. Rush has a high service requirement so that is a school I would remove.

Otherwise, you have a good OOS school list. SLU and Creighton are others worth considering

You are close to IU's GPA/MCAT medians and the school interviewed about 60% of its IS applicants last year, so your chances look good for your IS school

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Youre a pretty solid candidate for your state school.
Indiana applicants on average are at 3.6/28 MCAT SD: 5.5 with a 46% acceptance rate to any MD school. You are on the top half of that distribution.
MCAT is a bit below the 31.3 +/- 3.3 average Indiana matriculant number but it's sufficient
OOS list is mostly fine but your MCAT is hovering around the 10th for Loyola and Wake and Ive heard Rush screens out <150 clinical hrs.
I would probably add U of Kentucky, Creighton, W Michigan and maybe Louisville(Im not familiar enough with how they do things) to the OOS list.
Rush Quinnipac NYMC and Drexel would be the first Id look to take out if you want to make any cuts.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for the suggestions! Do you think my higher GPA from the average could off set the slightly lower MCAT?

3.75 vs 3.85 is rather unlikely to make any real difference but I dont think the MCAT is a concern really either. What will matter far more is how the interview goes.

Reactions: 1 user
I suggest:
NYMC

Albany

Rosy Franklin

Drexel

Temple

Loma Linda (but read their list of don'ts)

MCW

St. Louis U

WVU

Jefferson

Tulane

Loyola

U Miami

Wake Forest

EVMS

VCU

Netter

Oakland-B

Uniformed Services University/Hebert (just be aware of the military service commitment)

Any DO program, starting with MUCOM, CCOM, OHCOM and KYCOM

IU

I have similar numbers as well. GPA 3.85 and MCAT 510. I have pretty good ECs and volunteering, two years research experience working on yeast prions and heat shock proteins, played collegiate soccer, and have a very unique life story coming from a Turkish/Bosnian heritage. I am a Kentucky resident and definitely plan on applying to Kentucky and Louisville who I think I will be very competitive for. I am also applying to Cincinnati and Ohio State. I am having trouble making a good out of state list. I don't really know where I would be competitive. From this brief summary I would appreciate it if you guys could help make a list of schools. Also I would like to know if there are a few top schools I may have a chance at (not like Harvard or Johns Hopkins obviously but relatively prestigious).
Thank you