MedPR

Removed
Dec 1, 2011
Status
Pre-Podiatry
Interviewed at an OOS public school that gives interviews to about 75 OOS people and accepts about 25. So the acceptance rate would be 33%

However, this is a rather low ranking, small unknown regional school. Is it reasonable to believe that by the end of the cycle, they hand out more acceptances than 25? So with all things considered, are my raw statistical chances significantly higher than 33%
No

Sent from my SGH-T999 using SDN Mobile

sinombre

carboloading
7+ Year Member
May 20, 2012
Status
Resident [Any Field]
If you already know the acceptance rate is around 33%, why do you think your chances would be any different? I don't think I understand your rationale.

Regardless, a 33% chance isn't terrible.

Removed
Jan 20, 2013
Cheshire Bridge, ATL
Status
Interviewed at an OOS public school and I really love it. The school gives interviews to about 75 OOS people and accepts about 25. So the acceptance rate for interviewees would be 33%

However, this is a rather low ranking, small unknown regional school. Is it reasonable to believe that by the end of the cycle, they hand out more acceptances than 25? So with all things considered, are my raw statistical chances significantly higher than 33%
Are your numbers from MSAR?

I thought MSAR acceptance numbers include all acceptances? This includes people initially accepted and others accepted later off the waitlist.

Sep 19, 2012
Arizona
Status
Medical Student
Interviewed at an OOS public school and I really love it. The school gives interviews to about 75 OOS people and accepts about 25. So the acceptance rate for interviewees would be 33%

Are you saying that 25 OOS people are accepted or 25 OOS people matriculate? If only 25 are accepted, your chances are as advertised. But if 25 OOS people matriculate, chances are that more are accepted but some end up turning down the acceptance for other schools, which would mean yes, your chances would be higher.

sinombre

carboloading
7+ Year Member
May 20, 2012
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Sorry, I meant that 25 people matriculate.
Seriously? That's really impressive... your odds are definitely better than 33% if 1 in 3 matriculate.