Chances of acceptance this cycle 2020 !!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jasminedent

Reaction score
Hey everyone !! I’m very stressed !! I need some advices!!
I applied to 8 schools (TEMP, VCU, CRE, NSU, LECOM, UK, MUSC, UL) and got 2 rejection (NSU, UK).
My status: 3.8 gps and 19 AA / 22 TS ( 21 Bio / 22 Chem / 22 OChem / 15 RC / 17 QR / 16 PAT). I have a lot of volunteering hours and +200 hours dentist shadowing. I also have a very good personal statement.
What are my chances for this cycle? Do I need to retake the DAT? How to improve my application for next cycle?

Members don't see this ad.

I’m not an expert but it’s relatively late in the cycle so I’d start preparing to apply again. I’d definitely retake the DAT because a few of your sections are pretty low. I’ve heard sections 17 and below can be disqualifiers to a lot of schools. Study hard and good luck!

I'd retake because your AA is below the average of those matriculate into dental school (which is closer to 21) and your GPA and your DAT currently don't reflect one another (your GPA is high but your DAT is average, which could lead to schools thinking there was grade inflation going on at your undergrad). I'd retake and shoot for above 20 in all sections.

Also you can't really critique your own PS.... but you should ask others if it's strong, and also are your LORs strong? Do the writers know you well, or did you have generic letters? That matters pretty heavily too.

Either way, I think the best thing you can do is retake your DAT because you have two sections that are really low (RC/PAT) and one section that is also basically low as well (QR). Raising these three scores should help you immensely next cycle, as well as applying to a few more schools, as long as you apply super early.

Hey everyone !! I’m very stressed !! I need some advices!!
I applied to 8 schools (TEMP, VCU, CRE, NSU, LECOM, UK, MUSC, UL) and got 2 rejection (NSU, UK).
My status: 3.8 gps and 19 AA / 22 TS ( 21 Bio / 22 Chem / 22 OChem / 15 RC / 17 QR / 16 PAT). I have a lot of volunteering hours and +200 hours dentist shadowing. I also have a very good personal statement.
What are my chances for this cycle? Do I need to retake the DAT? How to improve my application for next cycle?
You must retake the DAT. A 15 RC is lethal, and the 16 PAT is too.

Sent from my SM-N960U using SDN mobile